Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th December 2002
BS.Player Newbie

bearair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bs works on one computer but not the other

hi, i have my home computer running bsplayer and it runs files no problem. i installed the bsplayer to a computer at work before i installed a sb sound card. now the files that play at home don't play with sound at work divx alpha 2.0 has picture and sound but crashes after about 5 mins. tried radlight and windows media player same thing no sound. the system: p3 800 128megs ram 10gigs free hard drive win98, no internet connection. bs will play window media music files but not mp3. sound card works on computer otherwise.

thanks in advance
Old 12th December 2002
BS.Player Power User

trodas is an unknown quantity at this point

Reinstall winblows - because you did fatal mistake - instaling first programs and then soundcard - then the programs cant use it.

Partial solution - ninstall and reinstall only programs.

Similar example - you install windows, then install WinDVD and then install DirectX.

Result - WinDVD filters never ever work into other that WinDVD application, and there is no way how you can make it work.

Why - because W/O DirectX, there is simply no way that PlayDVD or similar util, like great DVDsubber can use filters - W/O DirectX. And the filters never ever use DirectX, because a time of install, there has not any DirectX, so, the filters dont have clue - so - all is lost and you have reinstall winblows.

Solution - none known, except possible registering the filters as DirectX filters nanually - if you are skilled and brave enought...

Get it?

Tags
computer, works