Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th May 2005
BS.Player Newbie

noisy_mouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Odd problems, all of a sudden....

I'm having strange problems with my bs player all of a sudden, and I am at my wit's end trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

I've been using bs player very happily for over a year... and all of a sudden, today, it's having playback problems. Some of my videos play fine, but others are flashing like a strobe light, and others are showing artifacts similar to a codec problem.

For codecs I use the latest version of ffdshow and 3ivx, plus an ogg codec and a Matroska splitter. I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled it several times, and to no avail!

I've also tried media player classic, and it's having the exact same problems with the exact same files.

HOWEVER, VLC media player is working perfectly.

I've been racking my brain all day to try and think of something I did today that would have caused problems... but I can't come up with anything. I've been surfing and running bittorrents, and that's pretty much it.

If anyone could help me out with this at all, I would be REALLY GRATEFUL... I absolutely loved the way BS player worked for me... I don't want to use VLC player for everything...
Old 18th May 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Your video decoder is too old. Either ffdshow either XviD.
Old 18th May 2005
BS.Player Newbie

noisy_mouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I am using the latest versions that I could find on their respective webpages.... There's an alpha version of a new ffdshow that I'm not using, I suppose I could try that.

It's just weird though how everything was working fine until yesterday. I have no idea what happened to change things.

Tags
odd, sudden