Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Always allow multiple instances??? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=7605)

BSPeter 19th June 2006 08:19 PM

Always allow multiple instances???

Can someone confirm if BSplayer (Pro) 2.00 loads more than once irrespective of the setting "Allow multiple instances"
under (rightclick>) Options > Preferences > General > [General settings]?
:wink:

adicoto 19th June 2006 09:04 PM

Wrong statement :D In fact you can't disable allow multiple instances. Once you press the icon and BSplayer loads, allow multiple instances is enabled.

BSPeter 19th June 2006 10:46 PM

Is that a confirmation or just a remark? If it is the latter: I disagree!
For BSPlayer 1.xx you had to select "Allow multiple instances" to allow multiple instances otherwise BSPlayer would indeed not start a second instance! (So by not checking this box you could effectively disable allow multiple instances!).

Tizio 19th June 2006 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
For BSPlayer 1.xx you had to select "Allow multiple instances" to allow multiple instances otherwise BSPlayer would indeed not start a second instance! (So by not checking this box you could effectively disable allow multiple instances!).

I can't confirm it.
By default "Allow multiple instances" is DISabled and only ONE instance of BSplayer is opened at a time. Then if I select "Allow multiple instances" BSplayer is able to open itself more then once. Once the options is disabled again only one instance is opened, so no preoblems.

adicoto 20th June 2006 04:02 AM

Quote:

It was a confirmation. I use multiple instances as default. But the attempt to disable this didn't had succes, as at reopening, the function was enabled again.

BSPeter 20th June 2006 08:10 PM

From a p.m. which I received, I understand that this function (concerning multiple instances) is working correctly in a more recent release than I have.

adicoto 20th June 2006 08:31 PM

I have 2.0 937

BSPeter 20th June 2006 08:39 PM

Seems to be a typical case of "back to the future" (or is it the other way aound) then. :)

adicoto 20th June 2006 08:46 PM

It is possible that a newer release to fix this bug, but I don't have another one.

BSPeter 20th June 2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
It is possible that a newer release to fix this bug, but I don't have another one.

No your version is also more recent than the one used by our fellow BSPlayer-user from whom I received the p.m. So the bug seems to be un-fixed (or re-introduced).

Tizio 20th June 2006 09:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto

No your version is also more recent than the one used by our fellow BSPlayer-user from whom I received the p.m. So the bug seems to be un-fixed (or re-introduced).

I'm the p.m.-er :)
Thank you Peter to have kept my anonimity :wink:

I used a beta version and also the final one, but the problem is not there http://forum.tgmonline.it/forum/imag...y_icons/KA.gif

adicoto 20th June 2006 09:10 PM

Strange, now is working. I don't understand a thing. :roll:

BSPeter 20th June 2006 09:24 PM

OK, so it appears no bug (anymore) after all!