Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Problem with subtitles auto-detection (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=7631)

Seldaek 27th June 2006 05:42 PM

Problem with subtitles auto-detection

Hello, I set everything up some weeks ago to be able to auto-load the correct subtitles, it worked great at first, then about a week or two ago it stopped working, I have no idea why as I didn't mess with the settings since it was working.

My settings are as follow:
Default subtitle: 2 (I tried 0 or 1 too, didn't change anything)
Default subtitle language: fr

The files are named like this:
Title.avi
Title.en.srt
Title.fr.srt

BSPlayer detects the two subs correctly but it choose the first one and I don't understand why.

Thank you for helping, bye!

Seldaek 27th June 2006 05:51 PM

Oh and I forgot, I have another problem too, special characters in french subtitles (é, ?, ?, ç, ..) are not read if I switch to the french subs through the right click menu or cycle subtitles command, but if I load them again by dragging the .srt on the movie window they are read correctly.

BSPeter 27th June 2006 06:17 PM

Re: Problem with subtitles auto-detection

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seldaek
about a week or two ago it stopped working, I have no idea why as I didn't mess with the settings since it was working.

Installed any new codecs/filters lately? Are you sure that you're using BSPlayer's native features to play subtitles? In this context perhaps read item (9) of my HelptoHelp-post.
:wink:

Seldaek 27th June 2006 08:44 PM

I *think* I use BSPlayer to read the subs.. At least I intent to do that. And I recently did some messing with codecs trying to read a HDTV thing (.ts I think), which never worked by the way. And now I have Haali media splitter icon in the systray when I start BSPlayer... I guess I could try to remove it.

J7N 27th June 2006 09:11 PM

You can check whether BSPlayer is rendering the subtitles by changing the font properties in Preferences of BS. If the subtitles are separate files then media splitter has nothing to do with them.

Seldaek 27th June 2006 10:56 PM

Okay then yes, BSPlayer is rendering the subs, I can change the font size with my BSPlayer hotkeys. Any other idea?

Seldaek 27th June 2006 10:59 PM

Oh well, I uninstalled CoreAVC and Haali Media Splitter and it now works perfectly.. I have no idea why though.

BSPeter 27th June 2006 11:02 PM

Anyhow, problem solved it seems!
:D

Tizio 28th June 2006 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seldaek
Oh well, I uninstalled CoreAVC and Haali Media Splitter and it now works perfectly.. I have no idea why though.

BSplayer and Haali media splitter don't work well together :wink:

adicoto 28th June 2006 04:13 AM

You can reinstall CoreAVC if you plan to wach HDTV x264 files. WOrk like a charm. But for .TS files you need an MPEG 2 decoder such as Elecard. Try it. No problems in here. But remember, you need at least a 2,4 GHz CPU for 720p ant at least 3 GHz CPU for 1080i.