Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Doesn't work at all! (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=7669)

God Of Reptiles 9th July 2006 09:28 AM

Doesn't work at all!

Deleted by GOR

adicoto 9th July 2006 09:31 AM

Could you please post here the message you get ? It will be easier to understand where the error come from.
When opening the file, do you have a flicker in the left upper corner or on the systray ?

God Of Reptiles 9th July 2006 09:40 AM

Deleted by GOR

adicoto 9th July 2006 09:47 AM

A, I see, is the standard window's message when closing an aplication that stopped responding.
Do we tyalk about .avi files only ?
MPEG files do work ok ?
Can you try to re-register quartz.dll ? (rightclick->options->preferences->filter management->manage filters; dshow filters->click on AVI splitter (it should state at the lower part of the window that the file is Located in : \WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll)
and press re-register)

God Of Reptiles 9th July 2006 10:01 AM

Deleted by GOR

adicoto 9th July 2006 10:06 AM

And for the mpeg files ?

God Of Reptiles 9th July 2006 10:11 AM

Deleted by GOR

adicoto 9th July 2006 10:21 AM

So, once again.

Some days ago, the PRO 1.4x version worked OK.
You installed the PRO 2 version, video files doesn't work any more.
Tryied to re-install PRO 1.4x version and doesn't work any more either.
Version 1.32, non PRO is working OK, no errors.

Try to delete the folder that BSPlayer creates into c:\documents and settings\UserName\application data, called BSPlayer Pro, or at least the files inside.
If this does not help, after this uninstall all BSPlayer you have installed, delete the folder named Webteh in c:\program files and do a clean install

God Of Reptiles 9th July 2006 10:28 AM

Deleted by GOR

adicoto 9th July 2006 10:33 AM

The major difference between 1.32 and the other 2 versions is that the preferences are saved into the install folder and not into document and settings folder. I think the problem is related to that thing. Let me think about other thing that may alter this.

Tizio 9th July 2006 10:44 AM

BSplayer v1.x is not compatible with v2.x settings files. If you try to open BSplayer v1 without deleting the v2 settings file a Windows error message will appear.
Are you sure you have deleted the BSplayer folders located in C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Appliacation data\ folder?

Maybe check also for the other users locations (All users, Default user, etc.)

God Of Reptiles 9th July 2006 11:53 AM

Deleted by GOR

adicoto 9th July 2006 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You got in the wrong place,mate. NTuser.dat is a file in wich the operating system stores some internal date. You'll never be able to delete this file.
Look carefully for the location.

BSPeter 9th July 2006 01:01 PM

Or in your case God Of Reptiles, the path would be:
C:\Documents and Settings\Mikko\Application Data\BSplayer Pro\
:wink:
Maybe you couldn't find "Application Data" as this folder may be hidden by default, but it's there!

God Of Reptiles 9th July 2006 01:06 PM

Deleted by GOR

BSPeter 9th July 2006 01:13 PM

C:\Documents and Settings\Mikko\Application Data\BSplayer Pro\ isn't a file but a folder, which may contain more files, e.g.:
bsp.dat - BSplayer.xml - bsplist.bsl - bspml.xml - EQ.xml
and yes I would suggest to delete these (or simply rename the folder, which I always do, having several versions of BSPlayer on my PC and wanting to be able to switch between them) and then do a fresh install (as earlier suggested).
:wink:

God Of Reptiles 9th July 2006 01:16 PM

Deleted by GOR

God Of Reptiles 9th July 2006 01:34 PM

Deleted by GOR

BSPeter 9th July 2006 02:10 PM

If you give up so easily I cannot imagine you really purchased BSPlayer Pro. So you've probably been using an illegal crack, which appears to be not working and you judge BSPlayer from that experience?
:?

God Of Reptiles 9th July 2006 02:14 PM

Deleted by GOR