Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Big problem with BSplayer (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=8793)

ivica0123 18th March 2008 12:16 AM

Big problem with BSplayer

First hello to all of you.

My problem is that I can`t open some video files. When I go to "open file" and select the file, and click open, nothing was happened.

Interesting thing is that the same file that I can`t play in BS player, I can play in Windows media player 11, Media Classic player and Gom player. So I suppose there are no problem with codecs

I have instaled on my computer: K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. OS is XP Pro SP2

Please help.

BSPeter 18th March 2008 12:44 AM

Re: Big problem with BSplayer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivica0123
My problem is that I can`t open some video files.

Can you be more specific than "some". Type of video file?
:wink:
[P.S.: That you installed Mega-codec-pack is generally not considered a positive thing on this forum.]

ivica0123 18th March 2008 02:12 AM

Re: Big problem with BSplayer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
Quote:

My problem is that I can`t open some video files.

Can you be more specific than "some". Type of video file?

That is avi files and wmv files

[P.S.: That you installed Mega-codec-pack is generally not considered a positive thing on this forum.]

Why not?

Before I formatted my hard disk, everything is worked just fine, but now when I put a fresh windows on my disk only problems, despite everything is like before format.

BSPeter 18th March 2008 02:24 AM

Apparently you didn't read my Help2Help-post yet, a.k.a. "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING".
Suggest you read items (3) and (4) thereof (so that you are i.a. aware that "avi" doesn't really indicate a real specific type of video).

ivica0123 18th March 2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Apparently you didn't read my Help2Help-post yet, a.k.a. "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING".
Suggest you read items (3) and (4) thereof (so that you are i.a. aware that "avi" doesn't really indicate a real specific type of video).

WTF, I uninstall K-Lite Codec pack, and Divx 3.11, and just leave Xvid 1.1.3 final, and now everything is working.

How it can be possible? It is no sense to me.

Tizio 18th March 2008 06:15 PM

Sometimes to have many codecs installed at the same time leads to conflicts between them, and softwares like BSplayer can't handle the correct codec to decode the video

Just install the codecs you really need and stay away from codec packs if you don't "really" know what to install and how to make it work perfectly ;)

BSPeter 18th March 2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

WTF, I uninstall K-Lite Codec pack, and Divx 3.11, and just leave Xvid 1.1.3 final, and now everything is working.

How it can be possible? It is no sense to me.

As mentioned in my Help2Help-post:
Quote:

with respect to codecs, preferably stay away from codec-packs. Codec-packs do tempt users to install much more than necessary. In this connection note: "More" surely isn't equivalent to "better"! To the contrary! The art is knowing to restrict yourself! In most situations, you do not need to install codec/filter packs and certainly not every codec/filter and application that comes with these packs. In fact, it often causes problems if you install too many codecs/filters on your computer. It is highly recommended that you only install the codecs/filters that you need.
By your own experience you've now discovered that indeed more certainly isn't always better! Anyway, glad it worked out for you!

CrimsonXX2 25th March 2008 04:11 AM

Mp3 files not working

Hey guys , my bs player worked fine, until one night, it stopped playing mp3's. This really sucks, it still plays wma, mpg and other formats except mp3.

Please help

adicoto 25th March 2008 06:01 AM

Install an alternate audio decoder such as Elecard's (Odio Dekoda) or install DivX 3.11 alpha and say "Yes" when asked about overwriting the newer file.

speedtrap 25th March 2008 03:22 PM

Or instead of that old crap install ffdshow.