Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   bsplayer freezes when seeking forward (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=8831)

Tizio 21st April 2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
Seeking is available in older builds, never had this problem using CoreAVC and Gabest MKV splitter.
As long as Tizio is trying to help in BSplayer's improvement, I don't have nothing against a private Beta build especially for him.

[this is not a reply to you adicoto ;) ]

:shock: I had the chance to test 3 or 4 BSplayer betas exclusively (the links have been provided to me and BSPeter only) a couple years ago only, now betas are available to everybody (pro and non pro users) and I think it's a good move to let beta testers (whoever wants to test it and provide bug-reports is a betatester now) test bsplayer and let developers the chance to provide a stable release to customers and regular users.
If you think it's bad (sab, mad, *ad) to test for free a program that will be sold to others, then don't test it until a stable release it's released.

I always tried to help bst and his team to improve the player and I would have done it also if they didn't provided me a Pro version (as a translator I'm entitled to have a pro release, and I don't earn anything more just by testing it or by moderating this forum, even if there are only few things to be moderated lately..fortunately :p )

Anyway why there should be beta versions dedicated to us? :shock:
And I'm sure that devs are grateful to us that test and report bugs for their application ;)

[this is not a reply to you adicoto ;) ]

ashrack 21st April 2008 02:52 PM

Any news of finding a fix for this?

/offtopic
I am all for open beta testing but I do not understand is how can a beta have ADVANTAGE in.

Tizio 21st April 2008 02:59 PM

Oh, Ad-Vantage :P
Well, because they are open public betas, so if versions are made available w/o adware, why should people download an adware supported release?

Maybe J7N was referring to this when he pointed out of a beta made available only to me and few others :o

That "advantage" misled me, sorry

J7N 21st April 2008 03:23 PM

Yes, I was. Paint Shop Pro 6 once came out as a public beta, IIRC even without a simple time limit. I used this given version for a couple of years, because unlike normal shareware releases it did not require date to be reset.

ashrack 21st April 2008 07:47 PM

with Adicoto have found out that it doesn't freeze on all MKV movies with subtitles embeded.
Could it be that some use SUB and some SRT and how would I found this out?

adicoto 21st April 2008 07:55 PM

You can try openeing the file in MKVMerge or in VirtualDubMod and see the exact type of subtitles are included.

adicoto 21st April 2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashrack
with Adicoto have found out that it doesn't freeze on all MKV movies with subtitles embeded.
Could it be that some use SUB and some SRT and how would I found this out?

Tested with the suggested file. No problems in here, file playing fine, smooth. Rewinding, fastforwarding working OK, both >< and arrows.

ashrack 21st April 2008 10:17 PM

We are talking about:
Deadwood S2E02 - A Lie Agreed Upon Part 2 [HDTV 720p x264-AC3].mkv

for me it freezes. Could you tell me your exact BSplayer version, codecs version. And whatever else might be relevant so I could duplicate you bsplayer settings.

adicoto 21st April 2008 10:28 PM

BSPlayer 2.28-961 latest beta build (BS.Player 2.28 PRO BETA (200804210158)
CoreAVC 1.70
AC3Filter 1.46
Gabest MKV splitter 1.0.2.9

Tizio 22nd April 2008 12:47 AM

Maybe buffering is enabled for you adicoto?
It can improve seek performance ;)

adicoto 22nd April 2008 01:24 AM

Nope.

ashrack 24th April 2008 08:56 PM

adicoto
I just installed everything the way you have it and I still get the freeze
How long were you pressing the <or> buttons?

adicoto 24th April 2008 09:47 PM

Until it reaches half of the movie ?

I hade once this problem, in an earlyer build, but only with MPEG2 files, using Elecard MPEG2 decoder.

ashrack 24th April 2008 09:55 PM

so what else can I try?

adicoto 25th April 2008 04:24 AM

Can you verify how much CPU it's used when doing that ?

PS: What's your soundcard ? Does it have some hardware acceleration ? Of so, can you disable it ? If you change the audio output device in BSplayer, does this have any effect ?

ashrack 25th April 2008 07:55 AM

Here's a picture?
http://shrani.si/t/3K/2U/1V2Zwoer/bsplayer.jpg

What has sound got to do here, since there is obviosly a problem with embeded subtitles?

I use the onboard sound, Realtek ALC888. I have no idea about the hardware acceleration and also do not know how to change the audio output in BS.

ps. just found out something else. With the embeded subtitle in X264 I have to disable the subtitles in the Haali Splitter, if I just untick the Show Subtitles in BSPLAYER it will still freeze.

J7N 25th April 2008 09:18 AM

Sound driver might be an issue if a class of videos hung no matter if subtitled or not, because video gets its framerate clock based on sound output. (This produces jerky video, but that's how it is.)

However, in this case the problem indeed localizes in BSPlayer. Or perhaps in the way how BS talks to the video driver; because with some drivers the subtitle OSD does not work properly.

I run ATI Radeon RV370 (Catalyst dated 2006-12-16) on my multimedia computer.

ashrack 25th April 2008 09:27 AM

I also have another clean install of WinXP on another partition which is hidden to this main Windows install.

So I installed latest BS beta, latest FFSHOW and latest HAALI SPLITTER and BS freezes there also.

J7N
I also thought about a GPU issue but I tried four different drivers and it is all the same.
This only happens with embeded subtitles not the one I add a SRT or SUB file.

adicoto 25th April 2008 06:46 PM

To me it's seems rather a bad comunication Between BSPlayer and Haali Media Splitter. Do you really need Haali to display the subtitles ? BSPlayer can display them with no problems.

ashrack 25th April 2008 06:51 PM

adicoto
I thought I need Haali or Gabest media splitter to play X264 movies?
How would I display subtitles without with just BSplayer and not with Haali Media Splitter?