Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   [CONFIRMED] 1st and 2nd subtitles won't display together (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=9049)

adicoto 4th October 2008 06:30 AM

[CONFIRMED] 1st and 2nd subtitles won't display together

So, haven't used the 2 subtitles option lately and decided to test it on a new file. It's an MKV file with multiple subtitles. Video decoded by CoreAVC, audio by AC3Filter, splitter it's as usual, Gabest. No problem in detecting subtitles, but when secondary subtitle it's activated, the primary goes away and seems that it doesn't get back.
And also, when changin on the fly the subtitle, you need some 15 seconds before the new one it's displayed.

Tizio 4th October 2008 10:06 AM

:? Tested with 2 SRTs and AVI file and the second subtitle shows correctly with the first one
Have to test other containers..

adicoto 4th October 2008 11:39 AM

As specified:

MKV, with multiple subtitles.

Tizio 4th October 2008 05:19 PM

The last week I deleted the MKV sample you sent me on April The Water Horse sample and it was the only MKV file with multiple subs I had :(

adicoto 5th October 2008 06:34 AM

Now we are talking about a 2 GB Sleeping beauty ;)

Tizio 5th October 2008 08:46 PM

No no, it was a 50MB (or 350MB :roll: ) sample, not the entire movie :)

Tizio 5th October 2008 08:56 PM

Just tried with the Matrix2 sample from this site
There are no problems in displaying the 2 subtitles, and there's no lag between the time I select the subtitle and the time it shows up, the problem is that if I select two different languages, BSplayer displays the last selected language in both subtitles.. :roll:
ATM I don't know if it's a limit of the splitter (Haali) or if it's BSplayer's fault..

adicoto 6th October 2008 05:28 AM

Tested both samples in there. Same behaviour.

Tizio 6th October 2008 09:51 AM

Changed the topic title (added the CONFIRMED tag and shortened it a little bit due to the chars limitation)
even if the problem we have is not the same I think they have something to investigate in about this feature...

Ico-man 7th October 2008 10:54 AM

Embedded mkv dual subtitles in BS.Player

Embedded dual subtitles in mkv files are a bit tricky at the moment, especially when using haali splitter, due to limitation of haali splitter of displaying only one subtitle at a time.

We will see what we can do.

adicoto 7th October 2008 09:02 PM

Strange thing, as Tizio uses Haali and can display both subtitles and I use Gabest and see just one of them.

Ico-man 8th October 2008 09:26 AM

BS.Player is best on joovke lookada toov

No, like Tizio reported - haali displays 1 language in two places ("if I select two different languages, BSplayer displays the last selected language in both subtitles.. "), which means it doesn't work ok.

Tizio 8th October 2008 09:49 AM

true :roll:

adicoto 8th October 2008 06:04 PM

Which means that something is wrong with BSPlayer, as 2 different splitters used can't render the streams OK.

Tizio 8th October 2008 06:11 PM

But if the splitter is not meant to let the player output two different subtitles streams, there's almost nothing BSplayer can do..
But this only Haali/Gabest authors can say, and/or BSP devs..

As an alternative, if the splitter isn't capable of the double subtitles output at the same time, BSplayer can take the first selected subtitle in memory (or to copy it in a TMP folder, even if I prefer the memory approach) and load the second subtitle through the splitter...

Maybe I'm saying nonsense words, but maybe it could the the solution to this problem :roll: