Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sh F6 (Decraase speed) really speeds up play (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=9232)

FairwayKnight 22nd January 2009 12:11 AM

Sh F6 (Decraase speed) really speeds up play

Hi,
Running BSP 2.34.
Trying out stuff. I'm playing an .avi and wanted to slow down a scene.
So hit Shift F6 a few times (checked key settings under preferences, this is the right key in my config).
Strangest things happened: on screen it said 90% - 80% - 70%, but what happened in the movie is that it actually went very fast skipping a scenes and show intermittent fragments. Sound was also very fast.

Running XP Pro SP3 with Klite 4.4.5 full.

Any suggestions?

adicoto 22nd January 2009 12:41 AM

Can't reproduce this. Using default quartz.dll as splitter, XviD decompresor for video and Elecard for audio decoding, everything works normally.

BSPeter 22nd January 2009 02:22 AM

As adicoto: unable to reproduce this behaviour; everything working as it should overhere.
"Klite 4.4.5 full" doesn't tell anything about which codec/filter BS.Player actually uses for playback.
With a moviefile loaded, check under
(rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced.
(Subsequently clicking on [+] reveals futher info and/or a possibility to access settings for that item)
:wink:

adicoto 22nd January 2009 07:07 AM

I believe it's using Haali splitter and FFdshow video/audio.

FairwayKnight 22nd January 2009 05:21 PM

Well, looked at 'Opties/Filter beheer/Filter beheer', since I'm running the Dutch language. Which looks like Advanced stuff to me.

Under category 'DirectShow Filters' there's a list of about a hundred filters. Only God (and maybe angels like you guys) knows which ones are used for what :wink:

BSPeter 22nd January 2009 06:43 PM

You in fact looked at
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Filtermanagement > [Filter manager]
Quote:

Originally Posted by This is different from what I
With a moviefile loaded, check under
(rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced.
(Subsequently clicking on [+] reveals futher info and/or a possibility to access settings for that item)

Or (in Dutch): Met een geladen filmbestand, kijk onder
(rechter muisklik >) Opties > Filters > Geavanceerd.
:wink:

FairwayKnight 22nd January 2009 11:10 PM

OK, tnx for clearing that up.
It is indeed the ffdshow for A/V, it's not Haali but AVI splitter instead.

adicoto 23rd January 2009 06:02 AM

Can someone who uses FFdshpw and dpes not use Haali this behaviour ? Maybe it's not the splitter but the audio divers.

Tizio 24th January 2009 09:57 AM

Just tried:
1. With default system splitter (quartz.dll) + ffdshow video filter + elecard audio decoder the video correctly slows down and the same goes for the audio

2. With default system splitter (quartz.dll) + ffdshow video filter + ffdshow audio decoder the video continuously skip forward to try to stay in synch with the audio that got distorted (low pitch but fast timings with frequently jumps)

My suggestion is to blacklist ffdshow audio decoder, or to rise the merit of another audio decoder :roll: