Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   bs 2.35 crashes (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=9399)

lloser 9th March 2009 06:57 PM

bs 2.35 crashes

Hi everybody,

when i check "Allways add all files in current directory to playlist" everything works fine, as long as there are no non-media files present in that particular directory. When i try to open lets say an avi-file saved directly on my desktop, where lots of other files like .lnk or .doc or .exe files are in the same directory, bsplayer crashes instantly. Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks in advance,

lloser

BSPeter 9th March 2009 07:15 PM

Are you using latest build (986) of version 2.35?
:wink:
(Better always use full indication of BS,Player version)

lloser 9th March 2009 09:22 PM

yes, it is build 986. Can you verify my problem?

lloser

lloser 18th March 2009 08:36 AM

Hi everybody

I'm running build 990 now and still run into my problem. But now i can narrow it down only to rar-files, that are in the same directory as media files. Maybe someone can confirm this behavior: Take a directory, that contains arbitrary media files like .avi, .mkv, .mp3 and so on and put a rar-file (=a winrar-compressed archive) into that directory. Now start bsplayer and select "Open file". By default only media files should be displayed. Go to the afore mentioned directory and in the file-open dialog window the rar-file is shown along the other media files. If there are other non-media (non-rar) files present in that directory they are not shown, which is perfectly right. Now when i select some mp3 for instance and the option "Always add all files in current directory to playlist" is checked, bsplayer crashes or simply freezes with cpu load 100%. Could it be possible, that the internal filtering process for media files in bsplayer inadvertantly includes rar as type of media?

Sorry when it sounds somewhat complicated, but i guess i'm not the only one, using winrar. So the problem shouldn't be too exotic.

adicoto 18th March 2009 09:38 AM

No, this is not an error, but a feature. Most of media files are nowadays splitted into RAR multivolume archives. So, one of the reatest features of this program is to open the media file inside an arhive (RAR, ISO and so)

lloser 18th March 2009 10:08 AM

well, i installed bsplayer on two different machines, both have winrar installed. Same phenomenon, it is not working. When i try to open an archive, bsplayer freezes and cpu load remains at 100%.

adicoto 18th March 2009 07:03 PM

If you open an archive, sure it will freeze. But if inside this archive it's a multimedia file, BSPlayer will play it.
So, my advice, try to keep your multimedia files in different folders than other files.

BSPeter 20th March 2009 02:07 AM

Just read with respect to 2.37.991 beta version (200903192037) "fixed freezing problem with some RAR files"
:wink: