Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Slowly drawing subtitles (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=9922)

mecedo 24th August 2009 09:56 AM

Slowly drawing subtitles

BSPlayer draws subtitles from bottom to top. In most cases it's ok but from time to time subtitle drawing is very slow, especially in two line subtitles and then it's very unnatural and irritating to reading. BSPlayers drawing engine is very poor. In VobSub subtitles appears on screen rapidly for example.
I've checked it on many computers with nVidia and Ati graphic cards and this issue always occurs. I've switched every options from "Video" and "Subtitles" tab in options and nothing helped. Problem occurs in BSPLayer 2.43 and in older editions.

adicoto 24th August 2009 10:28 AM

I am sorry, but can't confirm this. I have installed BSPlayer on about 100 computers with different hardware and OS, from 98 to seven and never had this problem.
On the other hand, we can try to track down your problem and see what it's faulty in there. First, do we talk about the PRO or the FREE version ?
When playing such a file, can you post here which filters are used to decode the stream (video decoder, audio decoder, splitter) ?

mecedo 26th August 2009 06:38 PM

Im using Free version but in Pro is the same.

When I watched movies on my 19" monitor there wasn't a problem. Maybe I couldn't perceive it because of small screen. But now I'm using 40" LCD TV and this issue with drawing disturbs me.

Problem occurs in every movie.

Filters which are involved in decoding:
- Default DirectSound Device - ReClock DirectShow Filter (Audio Renderer and Reference Clock)
- AC3 Filter 1.3.1.0
- FFDShow
- Haali Media Splitter 1.9.42.1

Check in advance frames number: 82, 382, 477 in soft like VirtualDub from this movie:
Sample movie
Problem occurs in appearing and disappearing subtitles.

Additionally I've recorded movie with DirectVobSub in MediaPlayerClassic (on BSPlayer I couldn't manage to load DirectVobSub) and subtitles are appearing and disappearing evenly.

Ico-man 1st September 2009 08:13 AM

subtitle rendering

"BSPlayer draws subtitles from bottom to top" - BS.Player always displays all subtitles (all lines of it) simultaneously. Try playing with ffdwshow subtitle options to see if you can prevent this effect. Right click while file loaded>Options>Filters>ffdshow.

mecedo 14th September 2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ico-man (Beitrag 38456)
"BSPlayer draws subtitles from bottom to top" - BS.Player always displays all subtitles (all lines of it) simultaneously. Try playing with ffdwshow subtitle options to see if you can prevent this effect. Right click while file loaded>Options>Filters>ffdshow.

Then subtitles are ok. But I used BSPlayer because of highres subtitles. Subtitles from ffdshow have low quality in 720p movies or smaller. Only in 1080p quality is accepted. Currently I'm using MPC with DirectVobSub which has option for doubling resolution of subtitles. The only weakness of DirectVobSub is that it can't properly positioning and resizing subtitles in movies with different aspect ratio or in letterboxed movies. I found partially workaround by vbs scripts for opening movies. I think DirectVobSub is the best solution for playing HD movies with subtitles. Besides of problem with drawing subtitles BsPlayer has problem with italic subtitles. Antialiasing doesn't work then.