Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Feature request: subtitle background opacity (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=1373)

Vedran Dracic 31st March 2003 10:00 PM

Feature request: subtitle background opacity

When I choose not to use transparent subtitles, I'd like to have that black backrgound be possible to set its opacity (alpha) from completely black to non visible. Is it possible? It would be quite convenient, because it could make subtitles more legible, while it would still make the whole picture visible.

crassy 4th January 2006 05:49 PM

That would be GREAT! :D This is an old request, any chance this feature ever gets implemented?

licanin 18th January 2010 02:03 AM

I AGREE! :smile This would really be great improvement. Is it going to happen ever?

Ico-man 20th January 2010 03:43 PM

Subtitle background opacity

This is already implemented for EVR renderer = you can define the transparency value of subtitle background (Vista and W7 only), for other renderers it will be added in the future.

licanin 12th January 2011 06:45 PM

I'm using default video renderer. Is there a way to change opacity of subtitle background for it? If not in versions so far, than maybe in future ones? And is there a way to do same thing for other renderers, except EVR? :mad

By the way, I'm running WinXP sp3 on Intel CeleronD 2.5Ghz, 1gbDDR, ATI Radeon 9600pro. If it means anything to you...

BSPeter 12th January 2011 10:36 PM

"Background color alpha" setting under "Subtitle properties" should work in EVR and in VMR-renderers.
What version are you using?
:wink:

licanin 13th January 2011 11:29 PM

It's 2.57 b1051. Indeed, you were right! But, i would be generous if I say that subtitle quality is awful with VMR. It's not excluded that I'm doing everything wrong. I just can't make it to fit my needs. You see, I'm using very very large font (arial, 55, bold) with BS set to auto resize font to keep 2 lines of text with very low subtitle position offset (negative values), so sub is always at very bottom on my 17'' 4:3 monitor. When movie is in 16:9 aspect, everything is perfect! And PERFECT, once again! :teeth: But, when movie is in fullscreen, it is quite difficult to watch without background, but then virtually half of movie image is covered. I hope U can understand what I'm tryin' to explain. To cut long story short, can I do one of these things:

1. auto resize font size on VMR which supports alpha background, to keep 2 lines of txt
2. adjust back. alpha for default render, which supports font autoresize
3. autoresize font with transparent background on any possible way, except using EVR

And thank you BSPeter for considering my request, I know I'm probably pain in the a**, but I'm also a movie nerd (so to speak). :tonguey: