Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Seeking bar (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=2540)

kostasmaster 15th September 2003 03:50 PM

Seeking bar

I found the seeking bar of BSPlayer very uncomfortable.
PowerDVD's seeking bar is also very uncomfortable, but they have implemented the following feature: When you move your mouse on the top of the screen, a new, long seeking bar shows up and this bar is very useful. You can precisely seek to any part of the movie you want!
This is the first feature I want to request. The second one is an option to play movies at 2x, 3x, 4x etc speed, just like PowerDVD.
Any chance that these feature may be implemented ?

BSPeter 15th September 2003 08:35 PM

The seeking bar very much depends on the skin you're using! Perhaps try a different skin. There is an excellent collection of skins on goety's site (item 6 if you press on Help to Help hereunder). In fact most skins display either time (elapsed and total) or the number of the frame (toggle between the two types of display by clicking on it) so that you can exactly (in time or by framenumber) position the slider where you e.g. wish to start the movie.
Further, BSPlayer already has different playback-speeds. Right-click on movie window and select "Playback rate" (1/2x, 1x, 2x and increase/decrease by 10% (the last two options also accessible using key F5 or F6)).
:wink:

kostasmaster 18th September 2003 12:56 PM

Skins are excellent, but still they 're not what I am talking about, perhaps I did not make myself clear: I am talking about a full-width seeking bar, easily accessible through simply moving the cursor to the top (or bottom) of the screen, with precise seeking (e.g if we have a 1024 pixel wide desktop and an 80 minute movie, each pixel should equal about 4 seconds of the movie, that is an almost perfect seeking quantity).
With the present situation, to seek in a movie we have to right click, choose Controls, seek and then close the controls again.

As far as the speed is concerned, I tried using F5 and F6 but the applicationd crashed after 3 keypresses. I am using version 501. Same thing happend when I selected 2x.

BSPeter 18th September 2003 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostasmaster
I tried using F5 and F6 but the applicationd crashed after 3 keypresses.

I've only been ably to reproduce a crash when pressing (e.g.) a couple of times [F5] fast after eachother.
However, if I pause between keypresses: no problem (well ... of course funny increasingly high(er) voices and fast(er) movements, but no crashes).
:wink:

Movieman 19th September 2003 07:20 AM

Maybe you could implement something like in SASAMI player? I find its seeking bar very convenient.