Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

View Poll Results: BSPlayer needs UPnP?
yes 3 50.00%
no 2 33.33%
don't care 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st June 2006
BS.Player Newbie

hansson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UPnP support

I have used this player for a long time now, and i like i very much especially because of the subtitles for divX/Xvid movies. :D

But i find that the lacks support for UPnP. :(
Could this be implemented :?:

This is a very nice protocol for sharing your media in your home network or over the internet. In this way you can listen to Mp3's and watch movies stored on your media server at home :!:
Old 25th June 2006
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UPnP support

I think BSPlayer is already too big. It is not necessary to make it an all-in-one solution, like Winamp nowadays. Why not use FTP to copy the media files to localhost first (it's your own fast network)? Or run a HTTP server and "stream" (start playback before the entire file has been tansferred) your videos? Why don't you like simple, easy to understand solutions?
Old 26th June 2006
BS.Player Newbie

hansson is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i like the all in one solutions :)

When i stream over the internet i have only between 1 or 2mb upload (this applies to most people at the moment), so copying a movie takes time, this is why i like the streming option.
In addition i don't like the idea of using storage room for the same files on all your workstations.

Why use UPnP then? Because UPnP is aimed to be userfriendly, and with BSPlayer going "serious" they must aim for the wide consumer market = must be easy to use. The UPnP standard gives a good oportnunity for this. Most players does not implement this yet, but in future i think they will.
The AV-UPnP is also growing with number of portable devices with big memory and streaming capabilities. And I like they idea of using my favorite player (BSPlayer) to watch my Nokia phone movies on the PC.

Tags
support, upnp