Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 31st July 2002
BS.Player Newbie

Pixell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some problems: OGG, BSI, subtitles etc.

1., It's not possible to add BSI files to the Playlist.

2., The audio stream switcher doesn't work with muxed OGG files, although even Windows Media Player can handle them through the "Morgan Stream Switcher" filter.

3., What about displaying 2 subtitles at the same time, e.g. one above the movie band and one under it.

Otherwise BSPlayer is a great player, but it could be even better ;-)
Old 31st July 2002
BS.player Regular User

LordIntruder is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
2., The audio stream switcher doesn't work with muxed OGG files, although even Windows Media Player can handle them through the "Morgan Stream Switcher" filter.
I've tested ogm. I've created one with 2 audio streams with the latest tools available (doom9.org). When I play it under BSPlayer, the first audio is played correctly but when I select the second one, the audio is played exactly 2 times faster so I need to select the speed 0.5x and miraculously the video doesn't play slower and everything goes fine (the audio now play at normal pace). And when I reselect the first audio, I still have to reselect the 1x speed.

Bivx ogm files and BSplayer seems to have some troubles. Don't know which is the guilty ;)

Quote:
3., What about displaying 2 subtitles at the same time, e.g. one above the movie band and one under it.
Very good idea. I agree.
Old 5th August 2002
BS.Player Power User

bluedan is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote="LordIntruder"]
Quote:

I've tested ogm. I've created one with 2 audio streams with the latest tools available (doom9.org). When I play it under BSPlayer, the first audio is played correctly but when I select the second one, the audio is played exactly 2 times faster so I need to select the speed 0.5x and miraculously the video doesn't play slower and everything goes fine (the audio now play at normal pace). And when I reselect the first audio, I still have to reselect the 1x speed.

Bivx ogm files and BSplayer seems to have some troubles. Don't know which is the guilty ;)
Your info is unsufficient to me. I've been working with multilangual OGM/OGG for quite a while... with success.
So I need to know: are you using OGG Vorbis for audio streams ?
How do you create them ? How do you mux OGM files?
I never encountered difficulties with my OGM files, even if there were multiple video or audio streams in it !
BTW, uninstall MorganSS because it has known conflicts with other filters (e.g. OGG Subtitle filter, VobSub filter) and produces some weird artifacts when opening media files!!
I'm not really sure if it can handle OGM files in WMP, because if you are able to play OGM you must have installed the OGG Direct Show Filters, no matter which player you are using - assuming that it supports OGG playback - because they all use the DS environment and so they all use the m2player engine!! And with OggDSF installed you don't need MSS ! WMP 6.4 (7+8 won't play anyway) doesn't need more to recognize your streams!
All my encodes with XVid and OGG Vorbis went fine.
Also check properties page of OggDSFilter when playing movie, uncheck enable all streams.
Another hint: If you used MP3 for OGM which I don't recommend - it doesn't run with time stamps and thus not as time accurate as OGG Vorbis - make sure that you have to encode at 128KB bitrate minimum CBR with Lame as it otherwise downsamples to 32 MHz instead of 48MHz.
Check your audio steams!

WinXP-BSPlayer490-OggDSF0.9.9.1-XVid-ffdshow-latest BeSweet

Tags
bsi, ogg, subtitles