Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Optikmike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sync players over the internet

I think it would be really neat to be able to sync up bsplayer over the web. Imagine this scenario: you want to watch a movie/show with a bunch of your friends while chatting about it online. One person will act as a 'time server', while the other users (clients) point bsplayer to the one acting as time server. A calculation is done to determine latency between the 'client' and the 'server', and the video is sync'd accordingly. With this, you and your friends can watch the movie/show, in sync, while chatting over Teamspeak/AIM/whatever. This would eliminate all the 'jump to this time and hit play NOW' drama, especially with multiple people involved.

This feature may have already been requested. I tried searching, but 'sync players' returns a lot of results!

Just my 2c worth...
Old 29th August 2004
Administrator
BS.Player Power User

Mat2000 will become famous soon enough

Nice idea.
THX

Tags
internet, players, sync