Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Multiple selection? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=6571)

Zellus 30th June 2005 04:28 PM

Multiple selection?

I just noticed this but... with bsplayer you can't seem to select multiple files to play at once, how you can in winamp (from the open butten). In fact this is the only reason why I still use winamp for music that and the playlist for bsplayer is rather....simple? One like winamp would be excellent.

Also and option to make bsplayer minimize so that it can fit itself just above the task bar in a slim design would be nice (not sure if thats clear enough to understand :p)

thanks

Tizio 30th June 2005 05:12 PM

Why do you want to simultaneusly play different files? (just curious 8) )
Have you tried the function "Load external audio file" in the BSplayer menu?

For the "minimize" feature (like WinAMP winshade mode?)... you can use a "slim" skin that can fit you needs check this BSplayer's site section to find the skin that can be useful to you :wink:

Zellus 30th June 2005 06:13 PM

sorry guess what I wrote was misleading, lol

I meant just selecting multiple files and bsplayer plays the first of the selections but places the rest in the playlist by using the open button as apposed to loading a directory via the playlist... hope that makes more sense...

and the only skin that fits what I'm looking for is the ThinWinamp5 Default by nfapi, but the slim skin i want only gets displayed when a video is in full screen and you move the mouse down to the bottom and it pops up... its not the main skin if that makes sense.

and thanks

Tizio 30th June 2005 10:26 PM

Ok, sorry if I mishunderstood :P
Yes, that would be a great feature!!

For the skin, you can find many skins that have a slim FullScreen skin, or you can create your own.
Check item (7) of BSPeter's post "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING"

Or use my BSP SkinMaker :wink:

sanjko5 2nd July 2005 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zellus

I meant just selecting multiple files and bsplayer plays the first of the selections but places the rest in the playlist by using the open button as apposed to loading a directory via the playlist... hope that makes more sense...

In Windows Explorer go to Tools > Folder Options... > File Types > find the file type you wish to open with BSPlayer > Advanced > select Enqueue in BSPlayer > Set Default
In theory this should work, at least in Windows XP.

BSPeter 2nd July 2005 01:55 PM

@sanjko5: Yes it works and not only in theory but also in practice and not only in WinXP, but I would assume in all Windows-versions.
Indeed Enqueue is an option I've been using for ages myself now and I'm still running WinMe.
( http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=7650#7650 )
( http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=608#608 )
However, I must confess at present I mainly use it for the purpose of being able to start (from explorer) a video file with different versions of BSPlayer.
However, I don't think that is the answer to this request/suggestion. I think our fellow-user Zellus would like a feature to load more files simultaneously from the BSPlayer control-panel itself (like he says "using the open button"); e.g. like you can load more files in M$-Word from Word's "open-window" by making a selection (e.g. using Shift or Ctrl-key).
:wink:

lwc 2nd July 2005 05:48 PM

I think he means the GUI equivalent of this. Both of our requests are really the same. If his request gets fullfilled, so will mine.

BSPeter 2nd July 2005 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwc
Both of our requests are really the same. If his request gets fullfilled, so will mine.

I beg to differ on this. The possibility of using wildcards isn't quite the same as the possibility to select multiple files (by "hand-picking").
:wink:

Tizio 3rd July 2005 03:20 PM

Yes BSPeter! :wink:

It would be much easier to select multiple files directly (and manually) from the Open dialog window!

BTW, also lwc's request could be useful, but for me Zellus' one may have priority :)

lwc 3rd July 2005 04:59 PM

Wait a minute, wildcards are an extra step.
For starters, even mutliple files in the command line would be something.

For example, I'd like to run:
Quote:

bsplayer.exe file1.avi file2.mpg
And that IS equal to his request.

Tizio 3rd July 2005 07:17 PM

Yes lwc, your request (except for wildcards) have the same priority as the Zellus' one (obviously this is my opinion) :)

Wildcards are very useful too, but maybe in a later step :wink:

lwc 3rd July 2005 11:13 PM

I'm not just saying that it's equal, but that it's really the same thing (wildcards aside).

It's two ways looking at the same thing. He comes from the GUI approach and I from the scripting one.