Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Problem with .srt subs? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=6649)

p-y 31st July 2005 11:49 AM

Problem with .srt subs?

Hello,
Yesterday I wanted to watch a video with .srt subs, and when I launched it Bsplayer didn't managed to display it, it was like freezed. After some trials I found out that it was the sub file which seemed to block the playback, cause when I renamed the srt file so that Bsplayer didn't load it with the video, it worked well.
At first I thought that the .srt file might be corrupted, cause when I tried with Winamp or WMP it didn't work either, blocking just like BSplayer did. But then, I tried to watch it with VLC or with Mplayer under Linux and it worked well :shock:
It's not a carriage return problem, cause I can read the sub file under windows.
Last but not least, when I tried to convert the .srt to a .ssa file, it worked with BSplayer but I got an error on the last line of the ssa file, and when I deleted the last line I got an error on the previous line...

Any idea? :(

Tizio 5th August 2005 07:46 PM

Have you tried to re-convert the subtitle from ssa to srt?
Maybe it will fix the problem, or post the subtitle and I (or another BSplayer user) will try to fix the problem...
Bye :wink:

BSPeter 5th August 2005 09:36 PM

Or just simply load the original .srt in Vladimir's Subsync (see the link in item (9) of my Help2Help-post) and immediately save it again:
  1. In SubSync click on the button [...] at the right of the box preceded by "Subtitle"
  2. Change filetype to "SubRip files (*.srt)"
  3. Open the relevant subtitle file
  4. Press [Edit subtitles] (bottom left)
  5. Press [Save Subtitles] (if you so wish rename the file)
If the original subfile contained any irregularities, they will now have been rectified.
:wink:
(Please also take note of the sentence in green text in item (9) of my Help2Help-post)

p-y 14th August 2005 10:24 PM

Thanks for your answers.
In fact, I forgot to mention that I tried to reconvert the ssa file to an srt file, and the result was the same...
I also tried to correct th errors with Winsubtitler, it didn't work either :(
Here's an example of sub which causes problems on BSpLayer:
http://py1378.free.fr/sub/LOST_1x23_Exodus_Part_1.srt

I will try Vladimir's Subsync...

p-y 14th August 2005 10:34 PM

I fixed the errors with Vladimir subsync, and I even managed to play the video with the included player, but BSPlayer still doesn't want to play it :cry:

Tizio 15th August 2005 11:05 AM

OK, I tried to play your posted subtitle, and... I had no problems with BSplayer! :?

Maybe the problem resides on your PC configuration.
Have you checked this post as indicated in BSPeter's Help2Help post?

If this can't help you, maybe try to "play" with settings in Preferences window of BSplayer, at section Subtitles.
Check that "Subtitles disabled" is NOT selected
Try to draw subtitles to Overlay surface

Also check the Subtitle position by right-clicking in the Movie vindow then "Subtitles -> Subtitle properties -> Custom position"

I know that BSplayer showed you SSA subtitles, so your configuration should be correct, but try anyway since I have no problems with your file!

p-y 15th August 2005 10:08 PM

It seems that you're right, it may be a video codec problem, Although I've never installed a codec pack but just Xvid and Divx. I've just noticed some other weird thing: when the video isn't in full screen, there is a video playback problem cause the image is really huge, even a little TV channel logo doesn't fit in my 17' TFT :shock: .
But as soon as I switch in full screen mode, the problem disappear...
I will try to uninstall all the codecs and reinstall just the latest version of Divx and Xvid, and see what happens... :?

p-y 15th August 2005 10:15 PM

I'm using Xvid to decode all Divx and it works! :D

Thanks a lot for your help

Tizio 15th August 2005 10:53 PM

I'm glad your problem is now solved!! :D

Bye