Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Allow subtitle to be moved down below 0% offset (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=7578)

barth2k 14th June 2006 04:29 PM

Allow subtitle to be moved down below 0% offset

when you have a ultra widescreen movie, there are black bars on top and bottom. If you allow subtitle offset to be moved down below 0%, like -5% while playing in full screen, the subtitle would be in the black bar portion which would be perfect.

Tizio 14th June 2006 04:45 PM

It's possible! Have you tried to use Shift+Down keyboard buttons? (or the ones you setted for "Move subtitles down" key definition :wink: )?

BSPeter 14th June 2006 09:29 PM

Shouldn't be a problem.
Perhaps try "Draw subtitles to Overlay surface" under:
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles > [Subtitle properties] ?
You could also try a different "Rendering mode" (overlay) under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video > [Video rendering] ?
Further maybe read this post (click here) and item (9) of my Help2Help-post.
:wink:

barth2k 14th June 2006 11:39 PM

yes I tried that. I can make it go up and down to the bottom of the movie (offset 0) using shortcut key, but it won't go past that into the black bar area.

tried it w/ "draw subtitle to overlay" checked and unchecked. I notice it's not using the font color I selected, either. hmm. maybe something else is doing the drawing? it's a mp4 (h264 nero) video with a .sub and .idx subtitle file. anyway, I guess it's not a big deal :) if I figure something out, I'll report back.

vchavez 25th August 2006 02:38 AM

Yes I agree with barth2k

You can't move the subtitles in the part that there's no video in the horizontal black bars when you use Wide Screen you can only render or see the subtitles in the video area but more down that part it's not allowed.

BSPeter 25th August 2006 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barth2k
I notice it's not using the font color I selected, either. hmm. Maybe something else is doing the drawing?

Yes, I would indeed say its not BSPlayer's native feature to show subtitles that you're using but that of another application or filter.
(E.g. VobSub/VSFilter or ffdshow like mentioned in item (9) of my Help2Help-post?)

artam 5th September 2006 05:36 PM

Usually if the subtitles are in the pair of files .sub + .idx, they are the mostly in the bitmap subpictures format (same as on DVD).

Such bitmap subpictures are then displayed over the video only inside the image rendering area and cannot be displayed outside of it. Because the black bars are not part of the image, these subtitles can't be displayed there.

To watch subtitles over black bars they have to be converted into the plain text using OCR (i.e. SubRip) and BSPlayer will.

BSPeter:
I'm afraid that in the above case there is no filter to help it as well as with the font colours, because the colour palettes are packed inside of subp. stream in the header of each subpicture. :(

BSPeter 5th September 2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artam
Such bitmap subpictures are then displayed over the video only inside the image rendering area and cannot be displayed outside of it. Because the black bars are not part of the image, these subtitles can't be displayed there.

Yet, .... perhaps there nevertheless is a possibility by using BSPlayer's "Extend picture to"-feature under (rightclick>) Options > Preferences > Video > [Video rendering]
Quote:

To watch subtitles over black bars they have to be converted into the plain text using OCR (i.e. SubRip) and BSPlayer will.

Yes, that will always do the trick!
Quote:

BSPeter:
I'm afraid that in the above case there is no filter to help it as well as with the font colours, because the colour palettes are packed inside of subp. stream in the header of each subpicture. :(

Yes, you're right of course (I apparently was to hasty and stupidly overlooked the info that it concerned a .sub & .idx file combi of subs).
Thx artam

BSPeter 8th September 2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In my previous post hereabove I
.... perhaps there nevertheless is a possibility by using BSPlayer's "Extend picture to"-feature under (rightclick>) Options > Preferences > Video > [Video rendering]

Well, it indeed seems to work that way; see this post:
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32971#32971