Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   automatic switch to the second cd (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=8141)

tino_pira 28th January 2007 04:22 PM

automatic switch to the second cd

Hi! In bsplayer there is a nice feature: when the file called "exapleCD1.avi" reach the end bsplayer automaticly starts the file called "exapleCD2.avi".

It's a very useful feature but it would be great if I can change the name "CD%" whith any other pattern changing some preference... for example I name my divx "example (1 parte).avi" and "example (2 parte).avi" and it doesen't work.

I don't' know if I make myself clear, sorry for my english.

Martino

Ico-man 29th January 2007 01:22 PM

Just rename the second filename and your problem is fixed.

Eg.:

fileCD1.avi
fileCD2.avi

BSPeter 29th January 2007 08:29 PM

Hi Ico-man,
I think tino_pira is quite aware of the solution as provided by you (in fact he/she more or less mentioned so in the very first line of the post), but his/her question really is if it is possible to use something else instead of "CD%" as part of the filenames (apparently containing the significant (distinguishing) element not necessarily at the last position of the filenames).
So instead of the filename-convention fileCD1.avi .... fileCD2.avi, another (perhaps user-definable) "pattern" to indicate a sequence. E.g. like the names he/she gave by way of example, viz. file(1 parte).avi .... file(2 parte).avi.
:wink:

Tizio 30th January 2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
Hi Ico-man,
I think tino_pira is quite aware of the solution as provided by you (in fact he/she more or less mentioned so in the very first line of the post), but his/her question really is if it is possible to use something else instead of "CD%" as part of the filenames (apparently containing the significant (distinguishing) element not necessarily at the last position of the filenames).
So instead of the filename-convention fileCD1.avi .... fileCD2.avi, another (perhaps user-definable) "pattern" to indicate a sequence. E.g. like the names he/she gave by way of example, viz. file(1 parte).avi .... file(2 parte).avi.
:wink:

He is an HE ;)

Ciao Martino :)

Yes, a user defined pattern would be a great solution, but I don't know if it will be a good solution for the developpers.. :lol:

Maybe the pattern should be composed like this:
*#[.EXT] (default):
File CD1.avi
file CD2.avi

*# parte[.EXT] (not case sensitive):
File (1 parte).avi
File (2 PArtE).avi

* # parte[.EXT] (not case sensitive):
file 345 54 parte.mov
file 345 55 parte.mov

Maybe all custom patterns can be added to a list, this way you don't need to edit it every time filename pattern changes..

Anyway I think that to rename the files will be the best solution :P
But if the devs wants it will be a nice feature ;)

Ico-man 30th January 2007 12:52 PM

We will add this to BS.Player, but not in the next version, as this version is almost out.

:)

tino_pira 31st January 2007 02:16 PM

Thank you!!!
And thanks to BSPeter and Tizio to help translating from my poor english to real english :D

Martino

ps Yes I could rename the file, the problem is just with dvd already burned...not a big problem but I would find the user defined pattern really useful :)

Thank you again!