Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2 audio tracks simultaneously (MKV) (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=9168)

estugarda 10th December 2008 03:45 PM

2 audio tracks simultaneously (MKV)

Is it possible to play 2 (or more) audio tracks inside a container (for instance mkv) at the same time in bsplayer?

Tizio 10th December 2008 08:55 PM

Inside an MKV container I don't know (I haven't got an MKV sample at the moment), but inside an AVI file yes, there's an option called "Play all" (right click -> Adio -> Audio streams -> Play all)

adicoto 10th December 2008 09:31 PM

I believe in MKV it's the same. I don't have an MKV with multiple audio.

estugarda 11th December 2008 12:12 AM

I know about that. I don't want to play all tracks. Just 2 at the time.

adicoto 11th December 2008 12:14 AM

Probably the team members can answer to that.
Can you post a link to such a file ?

estugarda 11th December 2008 12:35 AM

Of course I can't and wouldn't post a link of it.
It's very simple. AVI or MKV container has 4 audio tracks. I need all of them. I know how to play them all, and how to play them individually. I want to play 2 at same time.

BSPeter 11th December 2008 01:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by estugarda
Of course I can't and wouldn't post a link of it.

:?: :? :? :?:
Well in that case the answer is very simple: yes in BSPlayer you can select which audio streams to play, but don't ask further if it doesn't work for your file(s).
:wink:
Oh, you want to know how?
It is very simple:
(rightclick >) Audio > Audio streams > Choose ...
and then .... well ... choose/select in the "Audio stream selection"-window which streams BSPlayer should play.

kronner 14th December 2008 11:34 PM

Great, but...

Hi there!

I was so happy when I read your post, because I've been looking for a software that can play the german audio on one soundcard and the english audio on another.

However, I never get so see this "Choose..." Option. I can only select one of the languages availabe.

What am I doing wrong?

Kronner

BSPeter 15th December 2008 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"Path" to "choose" as I get to see it:

BSPeter 15th December 2008 01:10 AM

Which codecs/filters do you have with video file loaded?
(rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced ...

BSPeter 15th December 2008 01:44 AM

Re: Great, but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kronner
....I've been looking for a software that can play the german audio on one soundcard and the english audio on another.

I have no idea if that is possible; I rather doubt it! (Maybe a DSP plugin?)

Tizio 15th December 2008 08:39 PM

It would be a great feature to have two audio stream sent to two different channels (for example language 1 to stereo channel left, language 2 to stereo channel right), this way with a pair of headphones you can ear to the desired language (and watch the same movie with your foreign friends) :D

I think this feature had already been proposed in the past, but I can't find it..

Ico-man 16th December 2008 11:35 AM

Multiple audio streams in mkv

Multiple audio streams work with avi files, but not yet in mkv. We will try to do something about it.

"to have two audio stream sent to two different channels (for example language 1 to stereo channel left, language 2 to stereo channel right)" Very interesting.

Moved to Requests.

theomeier 8th June 2009 02:57 PM

simultaneous audio channels a feature now ?

descretely select 2 audio channels and direct them to determined audio devices would be a nice feature when listening to foreign films.

This feature was suggested to be implemented a while ago. Did this happen ?