Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17th February 2003
BS.Player Newbie

psychoJr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help :(

Hi to all bsplayer users ...

My problem is that i cant run ANY files with bsplayer (The movie loads,only a very small screen shows up and after a few seconds the computer locks up) and i am very confused because it seems that bsplayer is the player which has the most options to configure.
I use nimo codec pack

Can anyone tell me how to make it work step by step ?
Thanks
Old 17th February 2003
BS.Player Newbie

poppamac is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure what your problem might be but I think the first thing would be to find a little program called gspot at http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ . This will let you know if you are missing any codecs. Personally I didn't download the package of codecs you did. BSPlayer has quite a few already but what I did was check with the gspot program and then find the individual codec needed. IMHO I just don't like putting a whole lot of codecs in there and confusing the issue. I have only had to add one coded so far. That was the ac3 codec. You might even have to start completely from scratch uninstalling and reinstalling the bsplayer and unregistering and deleting the codecs you have. Gspot has really been a help.
Old 17th February 2003
BS.Player Newbie

psychoJr is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help friend but gspot wont work on my computer either.I installed a codec pack because i though that a codec-pack would get rid of the codec problems and with a codec pack my computer wouldnt ruin my day with silly errors...

Now i will stick with mediaplayer and another player instead because wasting time with codec problems and other similiar stuff is a real pain in the ass
I will try gspot again after i format my hdd