Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Rewind and forward (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=11433)

liznikar 19th June 2010 03:17 PM

Rewind and forward

"I think I have had 2.49 and now I have 2.53

box "Seek by keyframes (AVI and MKV files)" is checked
value shown in "Seconds to jump" is 10

1)Default keys for "Fast rewind" resp. "Fast forward" are: [Ctrl]+[F6] resp. [Ctrl]+[F5]
This function only makes video to run faster.
2)Default keys for "Jump backward" resp. "Jump forward" are [,] resp. [.] (comma resp. dot).
This jumps for 10seconds - I am happy with this - it's an old feature and I like it. Nothing to change here.
3)Here is the problem:
Arrow left/right actually are default for "Seek backward" respectively "Seek forward"
In 2.49 when I pressed right arrow it only moved for 1 second(very short time)
In2.59 it goes for min. 4seconds. I can't anymore move the movie for a second further or back.

Anything you need from me to get solution just say.

Also thank you for the help."

BSPeter 19th June 2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liznikar (Beitrag 42101)
Hello! I have a problem with new version of BSplayer. . and , still works for rewind and forward for 10 seconds. The problem is that when i press right arrow the movie goes forward for approximately 4 sec and if i press it fast again it goes forward for even more. It is the same for left arror(rewinding). In the version I had before I think it was 2.49 when pressing right/left the video only moved for like a second - very small gap. I am asking if it is possible to set it up that it could be possible to rewind/forward just for a small gap. Thank you for your help!

New version
being? (Please always mention version and build number!)
If you're using default keys:
Arrow left/right are default for "Seek backward" respectively "Seek forward"
See this thread: http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-ta...html#post40193
Default keys for "Fast rewind" resp. "Fast forward" are: [Ctrl]+[F6] resp. [Ctrl]+[F5]
Default keys for "Jump backward" resp. "Jump forward" are [,] resp. [.] (comma resp. dot).

In this connection also verify settings under:
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video [General settings]:
(1) Is box "Seek by keyframes (AVI and MKV files)" selected/checked or not? (deselect it)
(2) What value is shown in "Seconds to jump" (at bottom right corner just above "History items to keep")?
:wink:
P.S.: What function you're actually referring to (Seek ..., Fast..., Jump...)?

liznikar 19th June 2010 07:04 PM

I think I have had 2.49 and now I have 2.53 box "Seek by keyframes (AVI and MKV files)" is checked value shown in "Seconds to jump" is 10 1)Default keys for "Fast rewind" resp. "Fast forward" are: [Ctrl]+[F6] resp. [Ctrl]+[F5] This function only makes video to run faster. 2)Default keys for "Jump backward" resp. "Jump forward" are [,] resp. [.] (comma resp. dot). This jumps for 10seconds - I am happy with this - it's an old feature and I like it. Nothing to change here. 3)Here is the problem: Arrow left/right actually are default for "Seek backward" respectively "Seek forward" In 2.49 when I pressed right arrow it only moved for 1 second(very short time) In2.59 it goes for min. 4seconds. I can't anymore move the movie for a second further or back. Anything you need from me to get solution just say. Also thank you for the help.

adicoto 19th June 2010 07:18 PM

Uncheck seek by keyframes.

As long as this option is enabled, you can't scroll back and forth outside keyframes. And if the file was created with keyframes every 10 secs, you won't be able to move less than 10 secs.

liznikar 19th June 2010 08:24 PM

it works YEY!!

THANKS!!!

BSPeter 19th June 2010 11:18 PM

Good that your problem is solved now!
However note, it cannot ever be the intention that you edit (and -in fact- totally change the contents of) your original post to give answers to questions asked in reaction to that original post!
This may cause posts of users trying to help you (and asking you questions and or making suggestions to you) look silly and also confuse other users!
:confuse:
(P.S.: Almost same question & answer in November 2009?)

avi8108 15th July 2010 08:53 PM

second by second seek

hi
I use BS 2.51 (build 1021).
I disabled seek by keyframes, but it still jumps at 2-3 seconds every time and not by 1 second.
I changed the default number to jump at the settings from 10 to 1 as well.

any suggestions?

BSPeter 15th July 2010 10:52 PM

Video rendering used?
Did you read the posts linked to in the 2nd post of this thread:
http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-ta...html#post40193
:wink: