Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th August 2010
BS.Player Newbie

makimakimaki is on a distinguished road
Default surround on 2.0 speakers

How can I simulate 5.1 sound on my 2.0 speakers when i watch movies with 5.1 sound? I have "Genius SP-HF 3000A" speakers.

Thank you
Old 16th August 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Sorround can be simulated using a sorround plugin for Winamp or in AC3Filter settings -> mixer -> sorround.
You can't simulate 5,1. You have to have a 5.1 audio system
Old 17th August 2010
BS.Player Newbie

makimakimaki is on a distinguished road

I don't have Winamp, but what that has to do with BS.Player anyway?

And where can I find AC3Filter settings? I don't have AC3Filter on my programs list because I downloaded it trough BS.Player, so I assume there has to be AC3Filter settings in BS.Player, but I cant find them? ('AC3Filter settings -> mixer -> sorround')

And why u first say that it can be simulated, and then in last sentence u said it can't, i'm confused
Old 17th August 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Sorround sound apply to stereo signal and it's realised by substracting some of the common signal to the both channele, making speakers to "seem" at a greater distance to each other than the real one (sound get "wider").
5.1 sound it's realised using 6 speakers, each with it's own signal.
This two things are total different.
So, you can do a "sorround" with stereo sound either by installing a winamp plugin (BSPlayer can use winamp plugins) either by using sorround effect in AC3Filter.
If you don't find AC3Filter on your system you can download it from internet and install it. It's freeware.
If you have it, you can find it: open a video file -> rightclick -> options -> filters and you should find it in there.

Tags
speakers, surround