Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Flicker when fullscreen and showing subs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=12030)

gadiner 2nd January 2011 05:53 AM

Flicker when fullscreen and showing subs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canavar on 13th November 2004 (Beitrag 17391)
I keep getting these frequent flickers in movies that don't flicker in WMP. Short, occasional, subtle flicker. It happens in different filetypes, and under different codecs. Since it doesn't happen in WMP, I can only see it as a problem with (maybe just a wrong setting in) BSPlayer. I have tried changing settings, but to no avail. Does anyone know what it could be?

same problem on my FREE version...

flicker when fullscreen and showing subs...
it (flicker) go away when I turn video in 4:3 mode...

untill last update everything was fine...

using laptop
Windows 7

Mondriaan 6th February 2011 10:20 PM

Same problem here, VLC player does not have this problem, nor with 16:10 resolution or with subs displayed, very anoying, its very irritating.

VanishingHope 26th February 2011 05:08 PM

I posted this same issue 2 weeks ago. I seem to have found a solution. Open up preferences, you'll want to go to the main Video section, Video Renderer tab.

When I installed the latest release on BS Player on my machine, it defaulted to EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer). If I change the renderer to Internal Renderer Overlay (default) or Internal Renderer DirectDraw Surface, the fullscreen issue goes away.

Give that a shot and let me know how it goes. One thing I should try checking is to download the previous version and see which renderer it loads BS Player with because I'm 100% certain I never changed the renderer previously. Just this latest release gives me trouble.

Thanks,
--VH

Jizzer 26th September 2011 07:26 PM

thx very much, that solved it immediately, small problem was that Internal Renderer Overlay (default) disabled Aero on my Win7, Internal Renderer DirectDraw Surface worked perfectly tough, thx again

carlr1990 16th February 2013 09:49 AM

I have been getting this error since a long time and could never figure out the cause as it would work fine initially on a a new OS install or new PC and after some time give this same error.

Other Solutions to this are, changing video rendering to Internal renderer overlay OR change the PAN scan(Other than 0) in the EVR(Enhanced Video Renderer).

However, I've discovered if your PC resolution is 1366x768 it will give you this Subtitle stutter (lag) error in full screen.

The SOLUTION is to change resolution to 1360x768 and it should work fine in EVR and even if the PAN scan is 0.

Hope it helps.