Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Can't put BSPLAYER as default media player (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=29271)

mightyraz 15th November 2014 12:43 AM

Can't put BSPLAYER as default media player
 
Hi, first i'm asking you to not ignore this just because it isn't easy to solve... I really need help!!

Alright... Well as you can tell, i can't put bsplayer as default...
When i click on a video right click, then Open In/As (I don't know how it shows off in english, but basically it lets you open the video in other programs.)
and when i want to click bsplayer, i can't cause it's not there..
When i look for other files in my computer, i click on bsplayer but it won't change to default...

PLEASE HELP ME!!

adicoto 15th November 2014 05:31 AM

This is not a BSPlayer problem, but a windows' one.
So, which OS are you runing ?
Are you administrator of your computer ?
It's BSPlayer installed for all users on the PC ?
Did you try to assign filetypes from inside BSPlayer ? (rigtclick -> options -> preferences -> general -> file types -> check the bottom box "register filetypes when BSPlayer start".
Is UAC disabled ?

mightyraz 16th November 2014 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto (Beitrag 76148)
This is not a BSPlayer problem, but a windows' one.
So, which OS are you runing ?
Are you administrator of your computer ?
It's BSPlayer installed for all users on the PC ?
Did you try to assign filetypes from inside BSPlayer ? (rigtclick -> options -> preferences -> general -> file types -> check the bottom box "register filetypes when BSPlayer start".
Is UAC disabled ?

Windows 8.
Yes i believe it is...
I did that yes, just video formats.
What's UAC ?

adicoto 16th November 2014 06:30 AM

Admin or not ? BSPlayer doesn't show up in program list if it's installed only for admin and not for all accounts.
UAC - User Account Control. If it's not turned off, BSPlayer can't save it's configuration file.

mightyraz 16th November 2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto (Beitrag 76180)
Admin or not ? BSPlayer doesn't show up in program list if it's installed only for admin and not for all accounts.
UAC - User Account Control. If it's not turned off, BSPlayer can't save it's configuration file.

What do you mean admin or not ?
When i download BSPLAYER through the Official website, there isn't option to install just for me or for all accounts.... If so, how come i didn't see it ?
How do i turn on the UAC then ?

adicoto 16th November 2014 02:52 PM

The account you use on your computer, it's administrator or not ?
UAC must be turned off (control panel -> user accounts -> manage account -> move slider down)

mightyraz 16th November 2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto (Beitrag 76193)
The account you use on your computer, it's administrator or not ?
UAC must be turned off (control panel -> user accounts -> manage account -> move slider down)

Yes i belive it is, but just so i can be sure, how do i check ?
I i turn down UAC, what will happen ?

adicoto 16th November 2014 07:53 PM

Turn off UAC. Restart. Uninstall BSPlayer. Restart. Reinstall BSPlayer. Turn on UAC. Restart.

mightyraz 16th November 2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto (Beitrag 76197)
Turn off UAC. Restart. Uninstall BSPlayer. Restart. Reinstall BSPlayer. Turn on UAC. Restart.

I did what you said, and not only it didn't work (i still can't see BSPlayer on the list on which i can choose to put BSPlayer as default player), When i drag a video to BSPlayer, i get this odd error "DirectShow not installed! 001F".
when i click ok and then it gets me into the update codecs, i click "find codec",
then it says FFShow and haali are not installed and that i should.
After that the manager says it can't be opened...


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20