Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Problem with DivX v5.1.1 (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=3514)

peter 19th December 2003 09:46 PM

Problem with DivX v5.1.1

I have a problem with DivX v5.1.1 codec.
When I open movie, I don't see the picture only some strange lines over window.
I can't make a screenshot so I draw how it looks like (picture).
In lines I see movie or some moving :?. It looks like the movie is behaind the black "color" and I see it true lines.
This lines apear in No Mode, Mode1 and Mode2.
In DivX v5.0.5 all works OK.
I try v5.1.1 because it should be much better then v5.0.5, but I'm disappointed. :(

If somebody know how can I fix this problem, PLEASE HELP ME.

BSPeter 20th December 2003 11:41 AM

Have you tried to change "Quality Settings" of DivX' Decoder Configuration Utility (through [Start]/Programs/... etc)?
:wink:

peter 20th December 2003 07:24 PM

I didn't try everithing :oops:.
I didn't wont to chose Yuv Extended Mode because color settings disappeared. I can set colors in BSPlayer :idea: .
Now I chose Yuv Extended Mode and work OK, but work only in Overlay Mode2. In Overlay Mode1 doasn't work.

peter 21st December 2003 07:50 PM

Today I try changed settings again and sudenly all works OK, nevertheless if I choose Yuv Extended Mode or not and nevertheless if I choose Overlay Mode1 or Overlay Mode2.
I'm really confused :? :?: .

peter 21st December 2003 11:27 PM

Doasn't work AGAIN. Work only in Overlay Mode2.
Work, doasn't work, work, doasn't work...
Now I'm really, really, really confused :? :?:.

drguruwarrior 22nd December 2003 07:32 AM

Im having the same problem, I cannot get any DivX files to play. I have all the codecs installed, DivX, Xvid.... all of them, for many months now I have just been using Windows Media Player, and I could always watch my files just fine. BUT I don't like Microsoft so I found BS Player, I install it, open one of my .avi's and I get sound and green lines..... SO, I read through these forums and I read that if I use ffdshow it will do the job, I downloaded the latest version at sourceforge, it shows up in the filter list on BS Player, but now I don't get green lines, I get a black screen and it takes about 1 minute before I even hear sound! What am I doing wrong?

Im kinda frustrated, On the main site page they say this is supose to be the Best DivX player out there.....but I think that BS is a good name for this player.........

CorDeth 22nd December 2003 10:49 PM

I to had the same problem, I had Dr DivX installed. It didn't matter which player I used DivX, WM or BSPlayer the problem still existed. Some times they would play after sitting there for a minute or 2. I uninstalled DrDivx and installed Gordian Knot Codec Pack 1.6 and now 5.1.1 AVIs play ok.

Leerock 26th December 2003 09:32 PM

sometimes i m having this problem too
but it s ok when i double click on the video screen

Sol-Badguy 27th December 2003 06:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually I had problems the minute I installed Gordian Knot Codec pack, it was fine before I did though, even with Divx 5.1.1 (actually thats the only codec besides xvid I had installed at the time). I think one of those codecs it slapped on screwed it up. Now I have no idea how to uninstall everything and get things back to normal. I have included a attachment of what happens with some movies(and this played fine before I installed the codec pack), I have no clue whats causing it. Some one tell me please. Funny thing is Windows Media player, Real Player One, hell even Winamp 5 will play it fine with no prob, so don't know exactly what bsplayers problem is but I would appreciate someone looking into it.

adicoto 27th December 2003 09:07 AM

First of all uninstall codec pack. You must find an entry in start menu or in add\remove programs in the control panel.
Second, install codecs individually:
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=3042