Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th August 2002
Not John Smith
BS.Guest

Default lots of visual static with movie

I'm trying to view an avi that was encoded with DivX 3 Low-Motion and AC3. I can view the movie with DivX Player 2a, but I can't get any sound. I can hear the movie with different versions of BSplayer, but the picture is mostly red static with the movie playing in real time flashing in between frames of this red static. You can't really watch the movie this way - you're only seeing "shadows" of the movie. I get the same results with different operating systems.

I've tried about every combination of video settings using BSplayer, but nothing seems to work right. When trying to use the overlay feature (Mode 1), it produces an "overlay failed" message and then plays the movie with all of the static.

Any ideas?

Thank You
Old 20th August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

Falk is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a look at the divx decoder properties if you have enabled any of the advanced options. If so, turn them off; they may gain you some speed, but also cause a lot of trouble on some systems.
Force the player to rgb (video tab). Use the old rendering method. Try using ffdshow for the video (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/f...7.exe?download) if everything fails.
Divx Player 2a should be able to play AC3 sound with Elecards audio decoder (http://www.moonlight.co.il/download/OdioDec.zip).

Tags
lots, movie, static, visual