Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   BSPLayer plays avi files as audio -- no video (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=6225)

USIKPA 15th March 2005 12:35 PM

BSPLayer plays avi files as audio -- no video

Yes, all of a sudden I have this weird thing--- namely, when I choose an avi file to play, it is recognised by BSPLayer as audio and its sound track is all I can get -- no video in options (disabled) ..

I have been using BSPLayer for a while and had no problem with the software whatsoever. THe codecs (DivX) are fine, the very same avi file plays in WMedia just fine.

What could the problem be? Tried to play around with it for no use --- had to reinstall, couple of days latyer -- the same thing again!

Windows ME, BSPLayer 1.2 Build 815

BSPeter 15th March 2005 08:08 PM

I suggest to first upgrade to build 817.
(See under item 1 of my Help2Help-post)
:wink:

t1mg0 15th March 2005 11:51 PM

my sound work fine but there's no video for me either.

it says
-= unknown file format (DIVX) =-
only the audo works.

it also doesn't work for [XVID]...Whatever that is.

i downloaded the Star Wars Teaser trailer, which played smoothly in Windows Media Player 10
It did not play well in BSplayerfor some reason
it was jittery.

what are the solutions?

BSPeter 16th March 2005 12:39 AM

Most probably a codec question.
Please read item 4 of my Help2Help-post.
(You could also try a different setting of video-rendering
rightclick > Options > Preferences > Video > Video rendering;
did you e.g. try using VMR-9 already (requires DirectX9 installed))

t1mg0 16th March 2005 06:01 AM

1) The VMR-9 fixed the jittering. Thanks!!

2)When BSPlayer said -= unknown file format (DIVX) =- when i tried to play DIVX OR XVID, it was because i didn't have the extension associated. It was fixed through
rightclick>options>preferences>file types then i clicked select all

then i tried to play a DIVX & XVID file and it says
-= Invalid Floating Point Operation =-

What's the solution?

adicoto 16th March 2005 05:09 PM

Try to update DivX and Xvid decoders.

USIKPA 17th March 2005 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
I suggest to first upgrade to build 817.
(See under item 1 of my Help2Help-post)

I am sorry -- I am using Build 817 now.

AlexXx 22nd March 2005 01:09 PM

Re: BSPLayer plays avi files as audio -- no video

Quote:

Originally Posted by USIKPA
Yes, all of a sudden I have this weird thing--- namely, when I choose an avi file to play, it is recognised by BSPLayer as audio and its sound track is all I can get -- no video in options (disabled) ..

I have been using BSPLayer for a while and had no problem with the software whatsoever. THe codecs (DivX) are fine, the very same avi file plays in WMedia just fine.

What could the problem be? Tried to play around with it for no use --- had to reinstall, couple of days latyer -- the same thing again!

Windows ME, BSPLayer 1.2 Build 815

I don't know what to tell ya but do a thing if it doesn't work enyware and bsplayer was you're last option tha i'm soory for you but i doesn't work!
i had happend this last days and i couldn't do nothing

USIKPA 31st May 2005 11:59 AM

When I choose an avi file to play, it is recognised by BSPLayer as audio and its sound track is all I can get -- no video in options (disabled) ..

I have been using BSPLayer for a while and had no problem with the software whatsoever. THe codecs and filters are fine, in place and registered, the very same avi file plays in WMedia just fine.

What could the problem be? Tried to play around with it for no use --- had to reinstall, everything worked fine until the same thing happened again! I must have used some command on it, but what command would have caused that?

Windows ME, BSPLayer 1.2 Build 817

How come that BSPLayer does not recognise / look for a video track in an avi file any longer? Could it have something to do with other media players? switching between Desktop and Movie modes? How can I trace down what makes it to behave like that?

mircea85 21st June 2014 05:54 PM

Hi,

The problem is the BSPlayer version is to recent. I had the same problem (Win 7 N, x64, BSPlayer only plays audio with .avi files) and I installed BSplayer version 1.something and everything works out fine now.

Best,
Mircea