Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th June 2003
BS.Guest

Default Play DVD rips in BSplayer???

Is it possible to play DVDrips in BSplayer?? Files like .img and .iso.
I can play them in PowerDVD but is it possible to play them in BSplayer. Please tell me how!!!
Old 1st October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

dawgbone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to play ISO files directly with BSPlayer?

I'm not going to be much help at this point, but I can tell you that it is possilbe to play .iso files directly with BSPlayer. I have a computer that does this. It will also play .iso files with media player classic, etc. The problem is, I don't know how or why? My other computers do not play .iso files without mounting them with a virtual cd/dvd program like alcohol. In BSPlayer, I simply select open file, all file types, and select the iso file. It seems to play all the vob files in order but does not let you choose menu items at a dvd menu. BSPlayer does an excellent job by the way.

I've spent a couple hours uninstalling many programs from my computer but it still works. Does anyone know what program allows you to load .iso files like this?

If I figure it out, I will post my findings.

Dawgbone
Old 3rd October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

dawgbone is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, I'll answer my own question. The program Speed Video Converter has the side affect of allowing you to directly play .iso files from any program. It doesn't really say anything about this feature in the docs.

It's easy enough to mount the images with alcohol and play them, but not with a remote control. I like the ability to just click files with my media center computer's remote control.

Dawgbone

Tags
dvd, play, rips