Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

alnis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Open with..." problem

Hello!
I started to use BSplayer just yesterday (version 1.36 b825) and I found one strange thing. I didn't find anything about it in forum, so I write it here.

So I am using Win XP and when I rightclick on an avi file, I can select 'Open with...' --> 'The player I want'. But after running BSplayer, I noticed, that some applications are gone from the 'Open with..' list, such as Divx player and Virtual Dub. I found out that BSplayer is the fault. When I select 'Preferences' in BSplayer and then click "Close" button, these registry entries are deleted. Watch Here.

'HKCU\software\classes\applications' are linked to 'HKEY_classes_root\applications' and if application is not registered there, it is no registered for "Open With...".
Bsplayer deletes divxplayer and virtual dub, but does not touch winamp or Windows media player.
So could someone fix it?
Old 26th October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

alnis is an unknown quantity at this point

Well what do you say about it? Has anybody got the same problem or I am the only one?

Tags
open with