Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   MP4, MKV & x264, H264 (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=7090)

NioBium 3rd January 2006 02:28 AM

MP4, MKV & x264, H264

When will BSPlayer support MP4 and MKV containers with x264 or H264 streams? I hate Nero Showtime!

J7N 23rd February 2006 04:23 PM

Mkv (Matroska) container with H264 can be opened via

Haali Media Splitter (mkv) - ffdshow (h264)

Make sure you enable the decoding of h264 in FFDSHOW's options.

Digiface 25th February 2006 12:31 PM

if you want play mp4 files in BSPlayer download this http://www.free-codecs.com/download/MP4_Splitter.htm

1. Unarchive the package and use the files from Release folder if you're running Windows 9x/Me or Release Unicode if you're running Windows 2000/XP.

2. Copy DLL or AX files in system32 folder [ C:\WINDOWS\system32 ]

3. Click on Start > Run...

• To install the files, type: regsvr32 filename.dll or regsvr32 filename.ax
• To uninstall the files, use: regsvr32 -u filename.dll or regsvr32 -u filename.ax

Tizio 25th February 2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digiface
2. Copy DLL or AX files in system32 folder [ C:\WINDOWS\system32 ]

If you install that filter on Windows 9.x/ME, then you have to copy those files to your System folder [ C:\WINDOWS\system ] :wink:

J7N 25th February 2006 06:23 PM

Don't the filters work without copying to System? It is easy to forget what you have copied to sysdir and for what purpose. A better choice is to keep all (installed by user) media codecs in a dedicated dir.

Digiface 28th February 2006 06:22 PM

is it possible to make BSPlayer to default player for MP4 files? so that when i double click MP4 file,it will open in BSPlayer. :?

adicoto 28th February 2006 06:48 PM

1. Install an MP4 splitter (such as 3ivX)
2. In BSPlayer's preferences (rightclick->options->preferences->filetypes, add MP4 as extension for BSplayer and enable the file type. Close BSplayer. When reopening, MP4 files will be loaded by BSPlayer automatically.

Digiface 28th February 2006 07:01 PM

thanks! haven't noticed that add function before.

jopsel 29th January 2007 06:41 PM

hiya, i installed the MP4 splitter because when i tried to open an MP4 file with BSPlayer, it said "ERROR"

Now, after installing the MP4Splitter, it starts opening it but then gives the error "unknown file format"
anyone knows another solution?

Digiface 31st January 2007 11:23 PM

Do you have FFDShow installed? MP4 is just an container, so you also need a program (like FFDShow) to decode actual video format. Most likely MP4 is in H.264 format.

This is the latest stable version of FFDShow: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi..._610__20061201

After installing, open ffdshow's video decoder preferences (start-all programs-ffdshow-video decoder configuration) and go to the 'Codecs', then set H.264 to "libavcodec".

frequenzy 2nd March 2007 09:10 AM

i already used mp4 splitter. MP4 plays but without sound? I don't have ffdshow, is it possible to work without ffdshow?

frequenzy 2nd March 2007 09:13 AM

just to add windows media player was able to play the MP4 file but not BSPlayer.

J7N 3rd March 2007 01:52 PM

It might be possible to play the audio stream. But it depends on the format. With video files you don't have just "AVI" or "MP4" formats. Each video, audio and subtitle stream has its own format.

AC3Filter can handle: AC3, DTS, most LPCM streams.
For AAC you can use CoreAAC decoder.
Vorbis audio can be decoded either by CoreVorbis or the decoder included in OggDS filter pack.

These filters are free and can be found using Google. I don't give direct links because I cannot guarantee that versions other than those I'm using (older) are working.

Quote:

just to add windows media player was able to play the MP4 file but not BSPlayer.
BSPlayer uses a different graph building technology than Windows Media (either mplayer2.exe or the graphical player). In my experience it performs better.

I suspect BSPlayer chooses a different MP4 splitter to which the audio decoder refuses to connect.

pshoplifter 17th February 2009 09:44 PM

still can't play MP4 file

Suggestion in this thread is to install the 3ivx splitter in combination with FFDShow. I did this, so now I have at least 3 codecs to play DivX but bSplayer will still only play the sound of any MP4 file.
My MP4 file is supposed to have H264 and AAC content.

(why do people encode in anything but DivX???? OK ignore that last bit :P)

Am going to install VLC in the mean time, to avoid further useless clutter on my system (assuming that will work). No wonder most people just install any codec they can find; not my prefered policy...

Any real help appreciated!

Tizio 18th February 2009 06:57 PM

When the file starts playing right-click -> Options -> Filter -> Advanced
Take a look at the source splitter and post it here.
Maybe you have to uninstall one of the codecs you have installed on your system (probably now ffdshow is capable of playing that file without problem)