Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Anybody get vobsub(.idx+.rar or .idx+.sub) work? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=7144)

finalpatch 16th January 2006 08:50 AM

Anybody get vobsub(.idx+.rar or .idx+.sub) work?

Hi guys,

I'm using the 1.37b826 freeware version and I cannot have the player to load vobsub subtitles. According to the news page, bsplayer has built-in vobsub support since v1.35 but i just cannot figure out how to make it work.

This is how I have tried (without success though):
* Put the .idx and .sub together with the .avi under the same folder.
* Put the .idx and the compressed .rar with .avi under the same folder.
* Same as above, and put unrar.dll in the same folder with bsplayer.exe.

I know i can use vsfilter, but that would break the hardware accelerated decoder.

And of course, I have checked the 2 checkboxes about vobsub support in the options dialog box.

adicoto 16th January 2006 11:26 AM

But if you rightclick on BSPlayer and go to subtitles don't you have there the list of subtitles that is in the sub file and awaiting to select the one you want ?

yleguern 17th January 2006 10:22 AM

Same problem here ! Subs files embedded in an mkv, not displayed with BSPlayer (1.37b826 pro). It works with WMP though (VobSub properly launched). If you finally work it out, I'm interested in your solution !!

Mutenroy 18th January 2006 04:09 PM

I have a similar problem. I have subtitles in SRT in the same folder and with the same name than the video. In previous BSPlayer versions Vobsub loaded the subtitle automatically but not anymore. Any help to fix this?

BSPeter 18th January 2006 08:58 PM

@Mutenroy
BSPlayer does not need Vobsub!
Pse read item (9) of my Help2Help-post (especially the green line).
:wink:

Mutenroy 19th January 2006 11:23 AM

I know it, but I prefer Vobsub.When you play a video in 16:9 at fullscreen the subtitles are displayed in the black zone with BSPlayer, but if you use Vobsub the subtitles are displayed over the movie. It's easier for me to read them over the movie. Now I'm trying a player called Crystal Player. It's free and it works great ;)

Tizio 19th January 2006 11:28 AM

With BSplayer you can move the subtitles wherever you want, also onto the movie

finalpatch 23rd January 2006 07:45 AM

hi, adicoto

no , vobsub subtitles are not even loaded (subtitle selection grayed out in the right-click menu).

i've tried a lot of videos with vobsub subtitles but none of them seemed to work(srt subtitles work just fine). this make me wonder if BS really supports vobsub as it advertised.

dont get me wrong, i love BS, it's a great player. i just would like to know if there's a way to get vobsubs work. even if the answer is "no", i will still keep using BS as my primary player.

Tizio 23rd January 2006 04:47 PM

I was able to play vobsub subtitles, even japanese ones, without problems.
I don't know why you can't reproduce them, maybe try to change video rendering mode.
Have you also tried to manually load subtitles after a video file is started?

adicoto 23rd January 2006 11:08 PM

Same as Tizio here. Be sure you have the .sub and the .idx file in the same folder, and that they have the same name as the videofile. In subtitles options I have enabled:
- shadow effect
- outline fonts
- anti aliased fonts
- transparent background
- auto resize font

and in vobsub both enabled, support and load into memory.
All other options are disabled.

chip 26th January 2006 06:41 AM

Re: hi, adicoto

Quote:

Originally Posted by finalpatch
no , vobsub subtitles are not even loaded (subtitle selection grayed out in the right-click menu).

i've tried a lot of videos with vobsub subtitles but none of them seemed to work(srt subtitles work just fine). this make me wonder if BS really supports vobsub as it advertised.

dont get me wrong, i love BS, it's a great player. i just would like to know if there's a way to get vobsubs work. even if the answer is "no", i will still keep using BS as my primary player.

Check this post http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=7627