Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How to play multiple audio? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=7281)

henry 3rd March 2006 11:50 PM

How to play multiple audio?

Hi, when I brought up BSplayer to play a DIVx file, I got a DIVx popup alert saying "This file contains multiple audio tracks that may only be available when played with a computer on DIVx Ultra Certified devices". When I click on Audio and Audio Stream, it is greyed out and not selectable. I did verified that the file has multiple audio by using DIVx player. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Henry

BSPeter 4th March 2006 12:38 AM

What filter/codec is used for playback of the file in question?
(See last line of item (3) of my Help2Help-post.) Is that DivX codec?
:wink:

Tizio 4th March 2006 12:47 AM

I think the file is encoded with DivX 6 (but I can be in error)

Try to install DivX 6 (if you have WindowsXP and have not yet installed it) and see if the audio tracks are available..

BSPeter 4th March 2006 01:00 AM

And if you're not on XP (but Win98/Me): install DivX5.2.1-codec which also decodes (for playback) DivX6-encoded movies including multiple audiostreams!
:wink:

henry 4th March 2006 07:23 AM

According to Gspot, the video codec is xVID and audio codec is MPEG 1 Layer 3.

BTW, I do have DIVx 6 installed on WinXP.

I just tried on another computer with DIVx 6 on W2K and got the same problem. Strange :-(

adicoto 4th March 2006 10:11 AM

1. Install XviD decoder, it handles better XviD files.
2. Try to install an alternate MP3 decoder (such in DivX 3.11 - accept overwriting) or search for an newr l3codeca.acm and install it.

J7N 4th March 2006 11:15 AM

Please answer this question:
Quote:

What filter/codec is used for playback of the file in question?
What filters are actually loaded into BSPlayer (not the ones supposed to be used)? What is the container format (*.avi, *.mk?, *.og?, *.mp4)?

Tizio. What can a video codec possibly do with parsing the container format? Audio streams must be available even if the video can't be decoded at all.

There is nothing wrong with l3codecx.ax v1.9. It can decode without problems 256/320 kBit/s streams. And no matter what *.acm are installed in the system, DS filters will be querried first.

Tizio 4th March 2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J7N
Tizio. What can a video codec possibly do with parsing the container format? Audio streams must be available even if the video can't be decoded at all.

Usually nothing.. but since divx 6 came out I don't know..
Since there are menus and I don't know how they are stripped out, I don't know if with Divx6 there have been changes in the audio streams management..

But as I said I had could been in error..and it seems I was in error :P