Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   bs player audio problem ... (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=7444)

Mobbydic_ 2nd May 2006 07:39 PM

bs player audio problem ...

I'm using BS Player 1.41. It plays the video and the legend but not the AUDIO of a mp4 movie. someone know what should I do?

Tizio 2nd May 2006 07:54 PM

I would suggest you to read BSPeter's "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING" sticky post, especially items (3) and (4) :wink:

adicoto 2nd May 2006 08:23 PM

You should install 3ivX codec.

Tizio 2nd May 2006 08:39 PM

Or maybe AC3 Filter..

adicoto 2nd May 2006 09:24 PM

To all the respect to the work done by BSPeter, Neither AviCodec, Video Inspector nor Gspot can't hadle properly MP4 files. But I am sure I can play them. I do have many files that Gspot say it can be rendered, but fails to render them. BSPlayer play them OK instead.
There are 99 % chances that the MP4 file we talk about have AAC audio. 3ivX can handle it properly. I am not sure AC3Filter can do that.
So, if you don't like 3ivX you can install CoreAAC decoder.

EDIT: You should try MP4UI to analise MP4 files.

Tizio 2nd May 2006 09:54 PM

Yes, you are right, I also noticed that some files that BSplayer can render without problems do fail in GSpot.. Anyway MP4 files can have AC3 audio streams in them, so (if this is the situation) he will need AC3Filter to play it.

3ivX is a good codec to handle AAC audio streams, I only wanted to integrate my suggestion to your.

I had problems once with an ACM encoded file that GSpot recognised and let me install the correct codec to play it :wink:

adicoto 2nd May 2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio
Anyway MP4 files can have AC3 audio streams in them, so (if this is the situation) he will need AC3Filter to play it.

I strongly doubt about MP4 files to have AC3 audio.

Tizio 2nd May 2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio
Anyway MP4 files can have AC3 audio streams in them, so (if this is the situation) he will need AC3Filter to play it.

I strongly doubt about MP4 files to have AC3 audio.

:shock: really sorry adi :shock: you are totally right!
mmh.. I don't know how to say...
I don't really know what I had in my mind.....
I'm really dumb today... :P Sorry again..

@Mobbydic_
Please forget what I wrote and follow adicoto suggestion to install 3ivX codec..

BSPeter 3rd May 2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
...Neither AviCodec, Video Inspector nor Gspot can't hadle properly MP4 files. ...... You should try MP4UI to analise MP4 files.

Thx! Meanwhile edited my Help2Help-file.
:wink: