Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Who is online section / viewonline-page (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=7483)

adicoto 19th May 2006 01:51 PM

Who is online section / viewonline-page

This thread is the continuation of "off topic"-remarks, which - in fact - started here (click to see)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio
Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
Only mods can see who is accesing the forum, their IP and so :D

I meant that if you have the main forum page opened and sometimes you refresh it, you'll see the currently connected users, and Mat2000 appears there from time to time :wink:

If you recall, in a private message I've told you that I am moderator on other forums, using same code. I know were to look (for example, BSPeter is allways hidden). But I don't think normal users look for who is online, and if you want to search how often somebody accesed the forum, you must be at least moderator.
I don't want to comment your previous post.

You get me involved in something you don't understand, and please don't put words in my mouth (or write something I did not said or write). You are a little out of line in here.

Tizio 19th May 2006 07:43 PM

Mhmm..probably you are right, so please forgive me..

Regarding the forum accesses, it's not needed to be a moderator or see the "Who is online" page to see who is online, at the bottom of the first page there is a list with names and numbers of connected users.

Sorry again to have involved you on this, I'll modify my message..

BSPeter 19th May 2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

... it's not needed to be a moderator or see the "Who is online" page to see who is online, at the bottom of the first page there is a list with names and numbers of connected users. ...

I don't know of any "Who is Online"-page. :?
I think by "At the bottom of the first page" you most probably mean at the bottom of the index-page in the "Who is Online"-section I assume, like mentioned and shown in my previous post in this thread?
:wink:
Edit: "my previous post in this thread before it was split in two parts"

adicoto 19th May 2006 10:37 PM

Hey, can a moderator move this part of the topic to the off-topic topic ? :)

@Tizio

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Only mods can see who is accesing the forum, their IP and so :D

I meant that if you have the main forum page opened and sometimes you refresh it, you'll see the currently connected users, and Mat2000 appears there from time to time :wink:

If you recall, in a private message I've told you that I am moderator on other forums, using same code. I know were to look (for example, BSPeter is allways hidden). But I don't think normal users look for who is online, and if you want to search how often somebody accesed the forum, you must be at least moderator.
I don't want to comment your previous post.

You get me involved in something you don't understand, and please don't put words in my mouth (or write something I did not said or write). You are a little out of line in here.

Sorry, now I see that the post I am refering too, is made by BSPeter. He didn't know about our discussion. I assume he wanted to help.

@BSPeter

BSPeter 19th May 2006 11:24 PM

OK, I now understand Tizio meant th?t "viewonline"-page, when referring to the "Who is online-page". (I was referring to the "Who is Online-section" at the bottom of the index-page and I still think that is what he meant when referring to "at the bottom of the first page").
(I don't think the average user will bother to look at the "viewonline"-page, but when enterring the forum I think they will always notice (though maybe not really read) the "Who is Online"-section of the index-page).

BSPeter 19th May 2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Hey, can a moderator move this part of the topic to the off-topic topic ? :)

Done! (well not really, but I split up the thread anyhow).

Tizio 20th May 2006 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
I was referring to the "Who is Online-section" at the bottom of the index-page and I still think that is what he meant when referring to "at the bottom of the first page"

Correct :)
You got me Peter ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
(I don't think the average user will bother to look at the "viewonline"-page, but when enterring the forum I think they will always notice (though maybe not really read) the "Who is Online"-section of the index-page).

And that was what I wanted to speak of, sorry if I exposed my thoughts in a bad way :P