Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Is possible hide the video window of bsplayer to tray icon? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=7734)

djsolidsnake86 5th August 2006 01:36 PM

Is possible hide the video window of bsplayer to tray icon?

if i press the minimize button, in this way only the player is hided.. there is an option for hide also the video window?

Tizio 5th August 2006 02:06 PM

Yes, goto Key definitions & WinLIRC settings section (CTRL+P -> Keydefinitions & WinLIRC), then select the Boss button tab, choose the last option (Minimize to systray) and maybe also the third one (Pause movie).

Now everytime you press the Boss button (F10 by default) your Video and Controls windows will be sent to systray and the movie will be paused :wink:

djsolidsnake86 5th August 2006 03:19 PM

hmm, i see the movie in a secondary tv and not in the monitor of my pc.. so i want see the movie only in the tv...

Tizio 5th August 2006 03:27 PM

And the problem is?
I don't think it's a problem if the video is on the secondary monitor instead of the first... or am I wrong? (I can't try with a secondary monitor myself) :?

BSPeter 5th August 2006 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsolidsnake86
if i press the minimize button, in this way only the player is hided.. there is an option for hide also the video window?

http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7059#7059
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=15588#15588
@Tizio:
The info in the posts linked to hereabove seems to be no longer valid for 2.1.0.939-version. In the past (at least upto/including BSPlayer2 alpha; just checked) minimize button made BSPlayer's icon to be placed on the systray. Now BSplayer (incl. video-window!) is closed and minimized to taskbar, while the video simply continues, which is exactly what [Windows-key]/[M] also does. This seems OK if we're talking audio, but for video perhaps an option to auto-pause would be appropriate.
Further, when using your solution with Boss-button it seems that if the "pop-ups" [menu] and/or "[..] _ X" are "up" they remain on screen! (bug)
@djsolidsnake86: Could you please tell what BSPlayer version you're using?
:wink:

djsolidsnake86 5th August 2006 06:59 PM

the last version
however i think that this would be an option for next release

BSPeter 5th August 2006 08:30 PM

"Last (or rather latest) version" isn't helping. Please confirm that you're indeed using 2.10.939-version.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The reason for this is that you earlier

which is different from my experience using version 2.10.939.
Quote:

Originally Posted by See what I earlier
Now BSplayer (incl. video-window !) is closed and minimized to taskbar, while the video simply continues, which is exactly what [Windows-key]/[M] also does.

BSPeter 5th August 2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
Further, when using your solution with Boss-button it seems that if the "pop-ups" [menu] and/or "[..] _ X" are "up" they remain on screen! (bug)

Strange, I'm unable to now reproduce this after a fresh PC-startup.

BSPeter 5th August 2006 10:04 PM

Meanwhile checked further and ... guess what? On newspage (click here to read) I found i.a.:
Changes in BS.Player 2.10:
- minimize button on default skin, will now minimize all windows

So I repeat my question @djsolidsnake86:
Could you please tell what BSPlayer version you're using?

djsolidsnake86 5th August 2006 11:27 PM

i mean the button show/hide main window of seigo's skins (the mc-2 for example)
sorry if i haven't specificated this before
if i press this button i have the player to tray icon and the video window displayed in the monitor..
is possible to make an option for minimize to tray also the main window?

BSPeter 6th August 2006 12:48 AM

Standard function for a skin's "minimize" button at present is minimize both main window (control panel) and movie window to task bar (but movie will not be paused).
Seigo has very confusingly attached a non-standard command to the "minimize"-button of his (16Feb2006) MC-2 skin (i.e. the "Show/Hide Main menu"-command, which is the same as depressing key [H] (default keydefinition)) .
However, the skin you mentioned also has a "Boss-button". So if you define the "Boss button" as Tizio explained you earlier, clicking on that button (i.e. the button like a dice with five dots just left of the volume slider) will execute the Boss-commands as defined by you.

Tizio 6th August 2006 02:03 AM

Yes, I know that now the minimize button send the player to the task bar (as you finally saw from the latest changelog :) )

In fact I suggested djsolidsnake to use the boss button function (more configurable and fully working, at least this is what I got from my experience)

I can't reproduce your behaviour with the boss button:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter

and it seems that also you can't reproduce it by yourself :P

With boss button all the requested function will be fulfilled :wink:

djsolidsnake86 6th August 2006 09:15 AM

ok now using the boss key i have solved my problem :)

Tizio 6th August 2006 09:24 AM