Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   BSplayer crashes with nero-files (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=7939)

damienffm 15th October 2006 08:07 AM

BSplayer crashes with nero-files

Hello,

all video files created by nero 7 crashes BSplayer pro 2.11 build 940.

I transcoded some mpeg-2 files with nero 7 recode. When trying to play them with BSplayer the program crashes with error "BSplayer causes an error...must be terminated". The files pla normally with windows mediaplayer.

Has anyone an idea what is wrong?

Thanks

alexander

adicoto 15th October 2006 08:32 AM

an error in....... and what is written in there is the most important. The module that made BSPlayer to crash. Can you post this information in here ? BSPlayer have some issues with Nero filters, but not with files created by it, AFAIK. So, additionaly, can you also post here wich type of file were you creating using Nero ?

damienffm 15th October 2006 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the error report.

The files that are created are mp4 files containing video an audio tracks in nero digital format.

adicoto 15th October 2006 11:53 AM

1. There is a window that pop up when you click on the "click here" message on the error window. In there it states the module in wich the error came up (probably nero audio decoder - NeAudio.ax).
2. Can you try to disable for a short while Nero Audio Decoder (known to have some incompatibility with BSPlayer) maybe from BSPlayer's filter management and see if the file is played OK ?

damienffm 15th October 2006 12:33 PM

AppName: bsplayer.exe AppVer: 2.1.1.940 ModName: ntdll.dll

2. I deactivated all nero filters and the error still appears.

adicoto 15th October 2006 06:06 PM

Nasty thing. By any chance do you have a file small enough to send it to me by email to test ? Or splitted into some archives ? OR create a small file ?

damienffm 16th October 2006 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I splitted a file created by nero.

When trying to play it with BSplayer I got the same error.

damienffm 16th October 2006 07:48 PM

Because the extension mp4 is not accepted I changed it to txt. :roll:

adicoto 16th October 2006 08:50 PM

Strange thing. First of all, it's the sole MP4 file that BSPlayer won't recognize. It just recognize an audio stream that is just silence. Splitted the file with MP4UI. It recognize an video stream, advanced MPEG4 at 714 kbps (DivX) and an audio stream MPEG4 main AAC LC.
Neither Gabest nor Haali splitter didn't manage to split the file corectly. In fact, Haali didn't sliptted it at all, just pop up an error message.
Strange thing, neither Nero Show time isn't playing the file. I think there is something wrong with the file itself. The way it was muxed I think.
I won't give up.

adicoto 16th October 2006 11:22 PM

Try to install 3ivX suite. Just tested it on Vista and managed to play your file OK.

damienffm 17th October 2006 05:45 PM

Strange thing very much indeed. The same file is played absloutely correct with media player classic using haali media splitter! But not with bsplayer which I would prefer.