Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Codecs and Crashes with BSPlayer (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=7962)

kimiraikkonen 24th October 2006 09:15 AM

Codecs and Crashes with BSPlayer

Hi members,
I want to ask about an important thing, i was experiencing a serious problem for many months. Here it is:

-By the video playback ends, the player crashes... By the playing the last second of the video, SOMETIMES, the player crashes... Weird, i experienced that also in Windows Media Player series and i decided that it's related with MPEG2 DECODERS and SPLITTER combinations...

For example, i was using Ligos Mpeg decoder to decode mpeg2 files, but if you seek the video to the end, the video CRASHES...

-Then i tried Gabest, Cyberlink and their demuxers(splitter) and some of them cannot play well files encoded with DVD-plugins and some of them cannot move seeking properly (hangs).

-Also i tried Windows' standart splitter filter but as you know, it is not the best, it has incompatibility problem with MPEG2 decoders.

-As last, Gabest, Cyberlink and DScaler is not good enough (also Ligos drove me crazy), i had several problems like showing video lengths incorrectly, opening the video in wrong resolıtion etc...

So i had a oppurtinutiy to install MainConcept as LAST (there weren't chances anymore), now MainConcept DECODER, Audio DECODER and SPLITTER runs smooth with its own combination.

:arrow: So, i want to ask, Which is the best MPEG2 Decoder + Splitter + Audio Decoder Combination and its URL?

Please let me know,

lots of regards...

Tizio 24th October 2006 09:24 AM

If you have no problems with this combination, I suggest you to not change it :wink:

Anyway for MPEG2 decoding my vote goes to Elecard, but as I said, if you have no problems I can't see a reason to change your actual configuration

J7N 24th October 2006 09:29 AM

Re: Codecs and Crashes with BSPlayer

MPEG-2 PS Splitter

Elecard MPEG-2 demultiplexer 2.0.84.30429

Good playtime estimation as long your files contain proper bitrate values.

Problems: Does not demux DTS audio or usable graphical subtitles. Takes over MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 playback in Mkv and maybe other containers, you must lower the MERIT of this filter.

MPEG-2 video decoder

Elecard MPEG-2 decoder 2.0.0.2525

Passes the aspect ratio value (16:9 or 4:3) to the player.

FFDshow, recent builds - lots of filtering options and chroma upsampling in software.

AC-3, DTS audio decoder

AC3Filter v1.01a

_____
If you are interested in these libraries contact me.
Does your MainConcept splitter demux multiple audio streams ("multilingual" DVDs)? The one that Sound Forge, Vegas puts on the system DIDN'T.

Before installing any new filters make sure you completely unregister all previously installed MPEG decoders you no longer need.

kimiraikkonen 26th October 2006 01:53 PM

Yes, i had crashes and problems with Ligos decoder, Windows' standard Mpeg2 splitter is not the best but has to be improved.

Also, now, MainConcept also decodes Mpeg1 content (such as VCD, DAT etc...), quartz.dll is not in use any longer because all of mpeg decodings associated with MainConcept.

:arrow: Ligos has an option to select only Mpeg2 files to be decoded, but i couldn't find an option in MainConcept like that...