Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   BS player won't play DVD's (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=8481)

jon-d 8th August 2007 07:26 PM

BS player won't play DVD's

When I try to play a DVD windows (vista) says "BSPlayer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to.......", and BSPlayer shuts down.

I use BSPlayer v. 2.22 and all codecs should be up to date. DVD's work in mediaplayer and Nero showtime. What could cause the problem?

BSPeter 8th August 2007 10:59 PM

To play DVD (with DVD-menus) you need BSplayer PRO-version. You can play the VOB-files using Free version though. What version do you have?
:wink:

jon-d 9th August 2007 05:40 AM

BSPlayer Pro v 2.22 build 952

adicoto 9th August 2007 06:19 AM

To play DVDs you also need an external MPEG2 decoder. Check for Elecard, Cyberlink or Intervideo.

jon-d 9th August 2007 09:59 PM

I already have powerdvd installed. Works like a charm... I'd still like BSPlayer to do the job :wink:

kimiraikkonen 13th August 2007 06:10 PM

I recommend you to install mpeg-2 filters manually, even of course you can install power dvd or cyberlink's, but when you run mpeg2-like files like DVD in Bsplayer, it's possible to have interference with filters, though you can correct them by de-registering or lowering merit.

jon-d 20th August 2007 07:57 AM

could you please explain how?

speedtrap 22nd August 2007 12:58 PM

Don't bother trying to install other MPEG-2 decoders. That is bad advice. You already have Cyberlink PowerDVD installed and that has a good decoder. Since it works correctly in WMP, it is likely the fault of BS.Player that it crashes. The codec shouldn't be blamed for that.

jon-d 22nd August 2007 02:29 PM

BSP only crashes when I use DirectDraw render (so that Aero stays up), and only when I play DVD...

J7N 22nd August 2007 03:21 PM

Should have thought twice before deciding to use Vista.

jon-d 22nd August 2007 05:46 PM

Well... yes, maybe I should have, but half the fun of having a computer is solving problems, isn't it? What better way of getting problems to solve than installing a new OS?` :wink:
I'm (sort of) joking, but I do use Vista, and I'd still like things to work

BSPeter 22nd August 2007 07:53 PM

From the feedback I've read (I've not tested it myself) it seems for Vista the rendering mode to be selected under (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video > [Video rendering]
would be (allowing Aero to be switched off) "Internal renderer overlay (default)" or "Internal renderer, DirectDraw surface" or alternatively "VMR9".
:wink:

glasser 25th August 2007 06:02 PM

Same problem here.I have latest version of Bs.Player Pro with Cyberlink DVD decoder filters.If I want watch dvd's using Bs.Player I have to first uninstall it and then reinstall.After that everything works fine maybe a couple of times but then all of sudden it just stop playing dvd's with menus and all I got is VOB-file playing.

I have tried all the tricks found in this forum but no help from those. Unistall and reinstall is the only way.Kind of frustrating and I must say I'm disapointed.Oh well, Media Player Classic and Power Dvd do the job all the time.

Tizio 27th August 2007 08:43 AM

can you try to keep a copy of BSplayer's bslib and DVDdata folders (they can be located in BSplayer install dir or in C:\Documents & Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\BSplayerPro\ dir) and restore them once you get the DVD playback problem?

(close BSplayer before restoring those dirs)