Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st August 2007
BS.Player Newbie

mykey1228 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is the Pro version 2.23 solid?

Are there any lingering serious issues with the latest version of BS Player Pro?

I had been running it about two months ago and developed some serious problems that affected my system. I had been running DivX Pro and the latest version of Windows Media player as well. Files got corrupted and everything seemed to get screwed up. I just don't know what caused the problems. I'm sorry that I can't be more specific.

I'm running WinXP on an AMD64 with an EVGA 7900GT SLI video card and 2GB of system memory.

I just recently downloaded the BS Player Pro file again and I plan on using that as my primary viewer as I have always liked it best in the past. I will not be re-installing DivX but would like to keep Windows Media player on my system.

Are there any known conflicts? Any suggestions or recommendations?

P.S. I'm a newbie in this area and would appreciate any and all help or advice. I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I just don't want to repeat the same problem I had before. It was nasty.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd August 2007
BS.player Regular User

Farlight is on a distinguished road

No, there's no "serious issues" that I know of or experienced with Pro 2.23 on WinXP. Install FFDShow and use programs like GSpot to see what codec or container you might need if a movies doesn't seem to work, never use K-Lite codec packs, keep your system updated along with common sense and you'll be aright.

Tags
223, solid