Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10th October 2008
BS.Player Newbie

1nevitable is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Laptop linked via HDMI to HDtv - No audio

Hello guys,

first of all I'd like to express my happy thoughts about BSplayer, it is a great media player that played every media file I've run in to so far.

Anyway, that is not what I am here for.

I have a Laptop with Windows Vista Home 32 bit (ATI) and an HDtv, both with HDMI. I've linked them so I can watch movies that are on my laptop on the HDtv. I am playing these movies with BSplayer and they work fine on my laptop (video and audio works fine).

To clear things up I can do basicly anything on the laptop and it will be shown perfectly on the television, and in almost every case (but one) the audio is great as well.

For instance when I'm watching a 'movie'.divx or 'movie'.avi, I have visuals and sound on my tv.

However, I've got a few movies that are .MKV files. When I open this with BSplayer it will show me the movie on the television, however I do not get the sound.

My question thus is: how do I get sound on my television when playing a .MKV file on my laptop with BSplayer linked to my HDtv via an hdmi-hdmi cable?

Thank you in advance,

Daan
Old 10th October 2008
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Most of the MKVs have AC3 or DTS sound nowadays. If the file doesn't play OK on the laptop (you don't get sound on the laptop either) then you must install an AC3-DTS filter (such as AC3Filter) and the problem should be fixed.
If you have sound on your laptop with the MKVs but don't have it over the HDMI, then probably you must play a little with AC3Filter settings in output panel.
Old 10th October 2008
BS.Player Newbie

1nevitable is an unknown quantity at this point

The .MKV file is running fine on just my laptop, getting sound and visual.

However, I'm not all that great with Sound settings or the BSplayer settings so could you please be a bit more specific when you say 'play a little with the AC3filet settings in output panel).
Old 10th October 2008
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Normally, AC3 and DTS sound are processed by AC3Filter. Is it this the default filter on your computer too ? You can find out that by opening an MKV file, rightclick -> options -> filters. If you find here AC3Filter, then click on it and it's configuration window must pop up. Go to mixer TAB, and modify output format settings and/or in system TAB, modify default audio renderer.

Tags
audio, hdmi, hdtv, laptop, linked