Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How to see Playlist in dropdown? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=9078)

port68 19th October 2008 11:48 PM

How to see Playlist in dropdown?

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and BSPlayer, so my questions will probably be a bit noob.

I've just started using BSPlayer 2.31. My aim was to attach an external usb hard drive to my computer, load it with music, then, when I start BSPLayer, have it automatically begin to (randomly) play the tracks on the drive.

The system is working, sort of, but there are a few glitches. Like, now, when I open BSPlayer, it pops up on my desktop, and another screen opens above. It has a menu-bar marked 'Video-DVD-Audio-Radio-TV-Podcast'.

This screen contains a list of the tracks on the USB drive, and there's also a box, labeled 'Playlist'.

But there's nothing in the Playlist box, or available from its dropdown, even though I thought I'd saved the list as a Playlist, which I labeled and saved in My Docs.

My question: I'm confused about the difference between a Playlist and the list of tracks that shows in the upper screen. Is that list not a Playlist?
How do I create a Playlist and where should I save it? Should it be in Text format or Internal format?

BTW, I loaded the hard drive by using the ML button, then 'Add folder'.

Thanks
Lily.

BSPeter 21st October 2008 11:09 PM

Re: How to see Playlist in dropdown?

Quote:

Originally Posted by port68
....when I open BSPlayer, it pops up on my desktop, and another screen opens above. It has a menu-bar marked 'Video-DVD-Audio-Radio-TV-Podcast'.
This screen contains a list of the tracks on the USB drive, and there's also a box, labeled 'Playlist'.
But there's nothing in the Playlist box, or available from its dropdown, even though I thought I'd saved the list as a Playlist, which I labeled and saved in My Docs.

"There is nothing in the playlist box"... You may have bumped into a bug there. Anyhow: you can load a previously saved playlist by right-clicking in the playlist window and then select "Load from file..." (By the way if the PL pops-up automatically, this simply means you didn't close it during your previous BS.Player-session. You can close playlist-window like any normal window ([x] at top right) or by clicking on the (PL)-button of the (default-)skin (=control panel). Ditto for opening ML (Media Library) and closing ML.
Quote:

Originally Posted by port68 further
....My question: I'm confused about the difference between a Playlist and the list of tracks that shows in the upper screen. Is that list not a Playlist?

Yes, the list of tracks shown is a playlist. You can add files to it or delete or ... (check out the menu following right-click). To be able to use different play-lists, you must save them as a file.
Quote:

Originally Posted by port68 finally
....How do I create a Playlist and where should I save it? Should it be in Text format or Internal format?

How to make a playlist? By simply dropping files on it, or by rightclick and then adding files or folders/directories or load from ML (Media Library). It is entirely up to you to decide where to save a playlist and in which format.
:wink:

Tizio 25th October 2008 11:36 AM

Re: How to see Playlist in dropdown?

Quote:

Originally Posted by port68
My question: I'm confused about the difference between a Playlist and the list of tracks that shows in the upper screen. Is that list not a Playlist?

Well, a playlist is a list of files you want to be played, the list that shows in the upper screen (MediaLibrary) vis a list of all available files on you disks.
It can become a playlist if you want to play all of them, but usually the playlist is only composed of an extract of your complete collection

As an example, you can have say 10 Audio CDs with a total of 150 songs, these 150 songs are the list showed in the MediaLibrary, but usually you only play 1 CD per time, and that is your playlist ;)

BSPeter 26th October 2008 12:35 AM

Excellent addition to further clarify to port68
:wink: