View Single Post
Old 11th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

SearchFor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default non stop multi file/disc playback

imagine, you have just sat down to watch your favorite 3 file/CD Divx/Xvid for example, cued it up in a play list ready to go... an hour or so passes... you are enjoying the DVD quailty rip and 5.1(you have the speakers?-lucky you) and then BAM. the whole film is paused for around five seconds whilst the next file is cued up to play. isn't that annoying!

what i want to see, as do may ppl i know of is uninterupted playback in this situation.

it can theorticaly be done by using a buffer 50mb from the end of a file. having a low priority thread then to open the next file in the playlist and maybe begin the decoding read for whent the 50MB has finished decoding. i don't know how hard it would be to implement tho!

why 50mb? because of all those "CD based collection" ppl. so when the 50MB buffer at the end of a file is filled the CD tray is ejected ready for the next CD/file in playlist.

this definaly one of those "disabled by default" things which can be enabled let say when a file is in the playlist

this is also one of those KILLER features that you can show off to your friends/put in feature list.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20