View Single Post
Old 21st January 2004
BS.player Regular User

lwc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please leave my registry alone

You see, version 1 doesn't really use the registry, but it does leave there some useless entries , which do nothing else than make the system be aware that BSPlayer was installed there at some point. Yet the whole point of providing a ZIP version is the possibility to have a clean, "invisible" program that doesn't leave footprints behind.
This allows me to take it anywhere without starting to install/uninstall/remove leftovers.

I've just downloaded the pre 1 version (because I too have encountered the infamous bug of not allowing to see subtitles on TV for movies which horizontal line is not a multiple of 64...) and I could only find its EXE version, so I assume there's no ZIP one.
Anyway, so not only does the old one can't just be put on a computer and put to work "just like that", but it uses the registry for settings too.

So what I'm saying is: those two problems (well, at least the registry storing, because, like I said, maybe there WAS a ZIP version too) were fixed in v1.

So can't you finish the "revolution" and make the great program leave my registry completly alone?

Thanks!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20