View Single Post
Old 16th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Brox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default this would be useful

I agree that the real problem is with the video file, however, there are several reasons why a audio sync feature would be useful. What if I only intend to watch the video once? It can take quite a bit of finesse to sync a video with VDub. The main reason is because you can't sync in real-time with VDub. You have to start and stop the video every time you make a change the sync. It’s not worth all this time for a video you will only watch once. Also, to fix the audio on a video you need to be able to not only 'move' the audio stream forward and backward, but also 'stretch' and 'compress'. When you get to movies that needed to 'moved' and 'stretched' it gets very difficult to figure out. Being able to do this in real-time would extremely helpful. If BSPlayer gave some simple output of the numbers of the offsets used to sync the audio, it would be a very useful tool for fixing audio sync. And my final reason for wanting this feature is that it is MPlayer has it and very shortly MPlayer with a GUI will work properly in Windows. If BSPlayer does not keep up, MPlayer will drown BSPlayer with features.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20