View Single Post
Old 9th April 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Johan1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AC3Filter and Intervideo Audio Decoder, both failed :(

Ok, situation is this.

I have an avi with 5.1 AC3 sound on it.
I have Audigy2 soundcard, with SPDIF enabled. Connected to my Yamaha AC3 Amplifier.
I have AC3Filter installed and enabled the SPDIF on it. When i start the avi with my BSplayer 0.86 Build 501 i get perfect picture but no sound. Filters dont show AC3Filter to be even there. Only thing there is MPEG4 Xvid Video decoder. When i go to Controlpanel and change AC3Filter to let's say 2 Channel Stereo. Sound comes out normal.

So, i tried also Intervideo Audio Decoder.
I have Intervideo Audio Decoder SPDIF enabled from BSplayer options. When i play the avi, i can hear sound BUT when i go to see directly the Filters and i take Intervideo Audio Decoder i see that there is only Dolby Surround enabled. And even if i put SPDIF on and restart the BSplayer it still switches to Dolby Surround. NOTE: if i take Intervideo Audio Decoder settings from BSplayer Preferences there it shows that SPDIF is enabled. But not if i take as i earlier said directly from Active Filters.

Please Help. Thanks.

Edit: I am using an Stereo 3.5mm jack - 2xRCA and i have tried with both Red and White RCA.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20