View Single Post
Old 5th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

hazmat42 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you go back to the intervideo AC3 options, on the right side of the window you will see the "vocal options" section. Check to see if you have "no vocal" checked or not.

As for your speaker problem, I'm afraid I don't know anything about PC
Tronix's HTPC or Cmedia soundcards. I'm not saying this to insult your intelligence, because everybody makes stupid mistakes (I know I've made quite a few in my life), but check to see if your speaker wires are properly hooked up. They probably are, but remember "Ockham's razor".
I would think that your soundcard has a test tone you can activate to at least determine if it is a speaker problem or a soundcard problem. I don't know how much you know about home theater systems, but you could try to troubleshoot by checking the following:

-If you have front speakers that run off of the subwoofer, check to see if your system has a "large" vs. "small" speaker setting. If so, make sure you select "large", otherwise you may hear little or no bass in the other speakers

-Check the crossover level of your subwoofer. This determines the threshhold at which point low noises will be handled by the subwoofer
(usually in the 40-100Hz) range. If it is too high, more of the sound might be handled by the subwoofer, making other speakers sound too weak or tonal). Also, subwoofer should have a gain control that you might want to lower.

-You should be able to adjust the output level of each speaker. Maybe you need to lower the dB level of the subwoofer, and boost center and/or rear speakers. Look for something that mentions "speaker chanels" or similar.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas. Hopefully, someone else may know what you need to do to fix your problem.

Good Luck!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20