Thread: Can't download!
View Single Post
Old 17th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

Telstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can't download!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J44xm
Has anyone else had trouble logging in to get the program?
(First I have to register to even GET the program, and now I have to sign in to even get an upgrade? I'm really on the brink here.)
Hi J44xm,
Don't panic...yet.
Your situation sounds similar to mine.
I just went through that runaround myself but I think I'm on track now.
First of all, I received an email notification from BSPlayer regarding the new version BSPlayer 100.809 (I had 808).
Going to the supplied download link I was asked for my "User Name and Password". I entered what I had used in the past then I received the following" "You have entered an inaccurate Password or Username".
Apparently my old Password and User Name were deemed obsolete.
I clicked on "Forgot Password" and received a new Password that I was able to use to log in and download the new version.
Then, with this new Password in hand I went to the BSPlayerForum, tried using my previously established Password and User Name and received the same notice.
I entered the new Password I had just received and was logged in.
I then went to my Profile (link on top of this page) and was able to change to my former Password by, first, entering the new Password I had just been given, then by entering my desired Password, hit "Submit" button on bottom of Profile page.
I then closed my browser (not necessary but just an added step I wanted to make), reopened browser and went to the BSPlayer Forum, logged-in with my updated, final Password and all is (seemingly) well.
By the way, the installation of the new version (100.809) went smoothly. I had gone to Add/Remove and removed the old version (808) and then executed the new version (809) and went through the setup.
Hope this helps,
Telstar

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20