View Single Post
Old 26th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

Telstar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
"....you could perhaps have found it under "Key definitions & WinLIRC" (Seek forward resp. backward), but even then you would probably not have thought of the fact that that feature can also be used to step through frames one by one!....It's in the absence of a manual that this forum, where users can help other (newer) users, surely proves its value!

(By the way it's my experience. that manuals are not read anyhow)
An interesting challenge for bst in that speaking for myself as a casual user who would only have reviewed the list
as shown in.....Main Features....
would not have made the connection to this frame "stepping" action as you point out and would find it's mention as presented in the format you indicate rather obscure.

I have a feeling that more than a few readers of this Thread will have become enlightened by this revelation and will begin to use and enjoy this feature. Others, more technically advanced and savvy than myself, would have already been aware of it.

Within the list of Features something included like the following might have brought this more easily to my attention....

Forward and reverse single frame stepping action
(or something to that affect).

On the other point....
Quote:
It's in the absence of a manual that this forum, where users can help other (newer) users, surely proves its value!
Indeed. The value of the BSPlayer Forum has been proven here.
A better example to answer questions and educate those seeking knowledge to more fully use the functions of the BS Player could not have been made.

Cheers!
Telstar :D

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20